Double Winning St Johnstone FC Thread

9 minutes ago, Steve McQueen said:

I heard the club actually wanted the North Stand demolished as it would mean a huge sum spread over the next 15 years.

Yes that was the original proposal, with a smaller stand put in its place. I think it was the developers rather than the club which took it off the table.

1 hour ago, Mr Positive, sometimes. said:

You're correct regarding 2nd pitch.

Saints are ending up with a two tier training area on seperate levels. one section similar to the size of our mcd pitch (I was told it will be indentical to the mcd pitch size) and a 2nd square section at Ormond end. I think all of these are indeed all part of the settlement, Club is ending up much better off than they've made out publicly.

The new road layout is likely to help out with end of match carpark issues as well.

So is there an exit from the ground directly onto the new road? Where will it be?

IMG_3005.JPG

31 minutes ago, PauloPerth said:

So is there an exit from the ground directly onto the new road? Where will it be?

IMG_3005.JPG

Capture.PNG.d64fb900643a6634a929d0600c8f6e10.PNG

Right, please don't hold me to this info as I'm not heavily involved in this but this is my understanding of an annotated video the club have that i've been shown once... So I might have picked up the information wrong or remembered incorrectly. I'm sure those who do know will quickly correct me if i'm wrong (PLEASE DO CORRECT ME) but my understanding is the following....

red number 1 is a new in road into our car park - so I presume also an exit as well?

Red number 2: My understanding is the southb bound slip the peels round the  back of tesco will be closed so to get to Broxden from tesco you'd have to go down old crematorium road and round the back of the North stand which will lead to a merge over by the number 2 onto the road which leads to Broxden and as part of that merge somewhere over by the number 2 there will be a way out of the car park and onto the duel carriage way heading south - for some reason i'm really starting to doubt myself regarding number 2 but thats how I understood it months and months ago when shown!

The image is taken from drone footage done by a Saints fan on youtube who probably posts on here, he certainly does on WAP.

Edited by Mr Positive, sometimes.

15 minutes ago, Mr Positive, sometimes. said:

Right, please don't hold me to this info as I'm not heavily involved in this but this is my understanding of an annotated video the club have that i've been shown once... So I might have picked up the information wrong or remembered incorrectly. I'm sure those who do know will quickly correct me if i'm wrong (PLEASE DO CORRECT ME) but my understanding is the following....

red number 1 is a new in road into our car park - so I presume also an exit as well?

Red number 2: My understanding is the southb bound slip the peels round the  back of tesco will be closed so to get to Broxden from tesco you'd have to go down old crematorium road and round the back of the North stand which will lead to a merge over by the number 2 onto the road which leads to Broxden and as part of that merge somewhere over by the number 2 there will be a way out of the car park and onto the duel carriage way heading south - for some reason i'm really starting to doubt myself regarding number 2 but thats how I understood it months and months ago when shown!

The image is taken from drone footage done by a Saints fan on youtube who probably posts on here, he certainly does on WAP.

Is that right?

Doesn't that mean traffic coming from Methven, Almondbank etc will have to come a wee bit further past the stadium to head south? Surely that would add to congestion rather than reduce it?  There must be a south bound slip road onto the bypass somewhere out by the flyover by Tesco, no? 

I genuinely have no idea by the way, I'm just curious..

16 minutes ago, Mr Positive, sometimes. said:

And thanks for the info by the way, last I heard we were losing our whole training pitch and fighting the whole thing, so good to hear the club have done okay out of it.

11 minutes ago, PauloPerth said:

Is that right?

Doesn't that mean traffic coming from Methven, Almondbank etc will have to come a wee bit further past the stadium to head south? Surely that would add to congestion rather than reduce it?  There must be a south bound slip road onto the bypass somewhere out by the flyover by Tesco, no? 

I genuinely have no idea by the way, I'm just curious..

Pretty sure thats what I was told, could well have understood it wrong (which is very much a posiblity) Someone will soon post to correct me. the red 1 is definitely right though.

Theres like an 5 min long council video as well of all the roads but its hard to follow! - Just watched that one and theres nothing on it at all about my red 2 point... haha

Not a problem though.

You might be right but think that would be a change from the original plans. My understanding of original plans was a roundabout just pass the tulloch lights with exits for crematorium, the new road for A9/bertha park and pretty much the original crieff road (to methven/almondbank etc) as it stands.

Eta- this response to the point about methven/almondbank traffic on the new road - i think (!) the pictures above suggest the same as I'm staying

You might be right but think that would be a change from the original plans. My understanding of original plans was a roundabout just pass the tulloch lights with exits for crematorium, the new road for A9/bertha park and pretty much the original crieff road (to methven/almondbank etc) as it stands.

Eta- this response to the point about methven/almondbank traffic on the new road - i think (!) the pictures above suggest the same as I'm staying

They do indeed. The roundabout will be where the crematorium junction already sat.

9 minutes ago, nelsjfc said:

I might be right, but I might be wrong, being wrong is a good skill of mine.

Yeah I dont think there's a change to road to Almondbank. I was meaning the NB on/off slip to and from a9 will change.

Either way, a road that got a bad rap is likely to be very benificial when the new houses are up etc.

I might be right, but I might be wrong, being wrong is a good skill of mine.
Yeah I dont think there's a change to road to Almondbank. I was meaning the NB on/off slip to and from a9 will change.
Either way, a road that got a bad rap is likely to be very benificial when the new houses are up etc.

The NB off slip will stay the same, but the on slip will change. The existing slip will close and there will be a road from the current roundabout along to a roundabout at the new bridge, with an on slip on the other side of that. The SB off slip will move to before the new bridge, with a roundabout to a road that will cut across the existing on and off slips.

Just now, die hard doonhamer said:

The NB off slip will stay the same, but the on slip will change. The existing slip will close and there will be a road from the current roundabout along to a roundabout at the new bridge, with an on slip on the other side of that. The SB off slip will move to before the new bridge, with a roundabout to a road that will cut across the existing on and off slips.

Theres going to be a lot of confused Perhites driving around when the road's open!

50 minutes ago, nelsjfc said:

45 minutes ago, die hard doonhamer said:

They do indeed. The roundabout will be where the crematorium junction already sat.

I get that with the new Bertha Park Road joining Crieff Road at the roundabout where the crem entrance currently is on the Crieff Road. 

And that the Crieff Road coming towards town remains the same.

But if I've picked up Mr Positive correctly, all traffic coming from the west (e.g. Methven/ Almondbank) wanting to join the bypass south bound towards Broxden will have to come along the Crieff Road past McDiarmid to this new roundabout as well, and follow the new road round past the North Stand and join the bypass by a new slip road there.  

This would be instead of the current slip road that separates McDiarmid and Tesco.

Apologies if I'm labouring this!

Is that what the Council info suggests as well? Just seems that would bring traffic further in towards Perth unnecessarily.

52 minutes ago, die hard doonhamer said:

And the SB on slip ?

31 minutes ago, PauloPerth said:

And the SB on slip ?

I've had a look at the mapping of the far end of tesco..

If you're coming in from Almondbank I guess you could follow that route. That junction centre of the picture is where the current roundabout between Dobbies and Tesco is now. The area top right of picture is tesco.

So the road coming into frame from the left is current road from Almondbank then you could go down the Northbound new road thats going to be build parrellel with the existing A9, across then new bridge that connects to the road behind the north stand but instead of going along behind the north stand you could down the new slip onto the southbound a9.

I think thats possible.

Capture.thumb.PNG.8e182fc8f88d7aeafeaa046644d9621c.PNG

5 hours ago, Mr Positive, sometimes. said:

I've had a look at the mapping of the far end of tesco..

If you're coming in from Almondbank I guess you could follow that route. That junction centre of the picture is where the current roundabout between Dobbies and Tesco is now. The area top right of picture is tesco.

So the road coming into frame from the left is current road from Almondbank then you could go down the Northbound new road thats going to be build parrellel with the existing A9, across then new bridge that connects to the road behind the north stand but instead of going along behind the north stand you could down the new slip onto the southbound a9.

I think thats possible.

Capture.thumb.PNG.8e182fc8f88d7aeafeaa046644d9621c.PNG

That road goes under the bypass and comes out at SSE. Doesn't seem to be a slip to get on the eastbound road past the north stand, think you'd just need to stay on the road going past Tesco. Which would make total sense really. 

The existing slip between saints and Tesco will still be there, I believe. It will join on to the new SB on slip.

No road is going under the bypass, the structure they put underneath the road looks to be for drainage. If you look as you go by it now there is a big channel of water running through it.