Double Winning St Johnstone FC Thread

5 minutes ago, nelsjfc said:

"The registration window is still open and we are working hard to get a striker in but I will reiterate that we will not be bringing in someone who is only going to be third or fourth choice. Anyone coming in has to make the starting eleven better"

Sounds hopeful. Happy with the window so far TBH. A quality addition up front would complete the squad but we'd still be fine without.

ooh where's that from? I honestly can't work out who we might be in for if not Coulibaly or the other jewel. I wouldn't say either really fit the quote from the Daily Record.

ooh where's that from? I honestly can't work out who we might be in for if not Coulibaly or the other jewel. I wouldn't say either really fit the quote from the Daily Record.

Tommy Wrights email to the chosen few.

Before HSF says it, how do you upgrade on God?

1 hour ago, nelsjfc said:

"The registration window is still open and we are working hard to get a striker in but I will reiterate that we will not be bringing in someone who is only going to be third or fourth choice. Anyone coming in has to make the starting eleven better"

Sounds hopeful. Happy with the window so far TBH. A quality addition up front would complete the squad but we'd still be fine without.

Don't know about fine..MacLean can't play on plastic,O Halloran can't play against Rangers and Cummins can't play...thats without even taking injuries into account...maybe Hendry will turn into a goal scoring machine or the midfield will score plenty which is quite possible..aye you`re Wright it will be fine

Coulibaly surely fits the "knows the league/Scottish based" chat.

I've taken his comments as wanting someone who's scored regularly in this league recently.

A few folk still suggesting Hemmings, including some random English bloke, but that's still a complete non-starter to me. Ciftci is always talked about aswell.

Coulibaly fits the bill, still, but his comments about players being okay for a short spell but struggling long term would likely rule him out due to Coulibaly only being in the country for six months.

Hemmings seems to be definitely on his way out of Oxford. They APPARENTLY accepted an offer from Mansfield but Mansfield rejected his personal terms. 

Which I suppose does rule us out as it involves a fee...

Hemmings left us for more money obviously but more importantly he wanted to be near his family down South.

IF he were to consider coming back to Scotland, we'd be all over it.

I wouldn't get your hopes up. He'll be staying down South regardless of interest from Scotland and if Oxford want rid.

ETA: The Mansfield 'agreement' was a shite twitter account making stuff up according to the Oxford forum as well.

I reserve the right to have a heads gone if you do pull it off though.

I wouldn't worry, he'll be on about seven times what we can offer him, and Mansfield could likely blow us out the water financially too.

2 minutes ago, Dick Van Dyke said:

How much more a week can Plymouth pay than us? 

They had a turnover of 6 million in 2016 and an average gate of just under 10k last season, plus a bumper gate against Liverpool in the Cup with associated TV money.

I reckon a fair whack more as the average league one wage is around 70k apparently.

How much more a week can Plymouth pay than us? 

Who knows.

Or are you one of those people who'll now follow me about because I dared to speculate upon something without adding "this is my opinion" in huge letters at the start?

Please don't be. I've never (seriously) claimed to be ITK, and it gets hard trying to remember I have to add that it's speculation in every post I make.

All I'm looking for is a loan signing taking a chance. One that might work but could quite easily not. As others have said, accies and killie away leave us very short and that's assuming both stay injury free. We need another option of some kind.

That's a shame as his stuff was really good. New job or cut off?

Ross has now posted on his Instagram that he's moving on after the Hibs game on the 9th of September.

You may not have noticed but he's not been involved in any way with away games since November of last year and this season the young lads have done all the home interviews as well. It's all gone un noticed and shows the succession planning on match days has worked.

With Megan and Ross both being part time last season I hope Megan can step up to full time and the show will go on social media wise.

Ross will however certainly be missed on match days and by the members of the media team.