Double Winning St Johnstone FC Thread

I listened to the hospital radio interview with Tommy last night and he suggests that he considers Hendry to be similar quality as Kane, and that the quality of the squad hasn't been diminished by loaning Kane out because we have Hendry. I'd be a bit gutted if I was Kane.

Hendry is definitely being talked up a lot - which is great - but we definitely need another option through the middle. Games away to Killie and Hamilton, we'll literally have 1 senior striker option, with the alternatives a 20 year old who hasn't played above the 7th or 8th their in England beyond his cameo against 9 men against Motherwell and a winger who is much more effective when playing off a striker.

Edited by Kyle

What if #Jewel3 was already at the club? What a mind-f**k that would be. A real-life psychological thriller bearing remarkable similarities to Martin Scorcese's Shutter Island.  

*The following paragraphs may contain Shutter Island spoilers

Upon his arrival at McDiarmid Park, Callum Hendry notices a piece of paper in the car park. He picks it up. 'Jewel#3', it says.

'Who is Jewel#3?', Callum wonders. And so begins a paranoid and spine-tingling search for this supposed jewel. As the weeks progress, Callum's search becomes increasingly frenzied due to the drugs which Alex Cleland is slipping into his half-time oranges.

Eventually, Callum is able to locate the manager's office. Tommy is sitting behind his desk.

''WHO IS JEWEL#3??!'', Callum screams.

''You'', replies Tommy calmly. ''You are Jewel #3. And you always have been.''

Something like that. If you haven't watched Shutter Island, don't bother reading this post. Actually, just don't bother reading it, regardless of whether you've watched Shutter Island.

Anyway, my lunch break is over. Bye for now.

53 minutes ago, The Real Saints said:

What if #Jewel3 was already at the club? What a mind-f**k that would be. A real-life psychological thriller bearing remarkable similarities to Martin Scorcese's Shutter Island.  

*The following paragraphs may contain Shutter Island spoilers

Upon his arrival at McDiarmid Park, Callum Hendry notices a piece of paper in the car park. He picks it up. 'Jewel#3', it says.

'Who is Jewel#3?', Callum wonders. And so begins a paranoid and spine-tingling search for this supposed jewel. As the weeks progress, Callum's search becomes increasingly frenzied due to the drugs which Alex Cleland is slipping into his half-time oranges.

Eventually, Callum is able to locate the manager's office. Tommy is sitting behind his desk.

''WHO IS JEWEL#3??!'', Callum screams.

''You'', replies Tommy calmly. ''You are Jewel #3. And you always have been.''

Something like that. If you haven't watched Shutter Island, don't bother reading this post. Actually, just don't bother reading it, regardless of whether you've watched Shutter Island.

Anyway, my lunch break is over. Bye for now.

jake-no.gif

Quotes from King Tommy below, just published by the Daily Record;

If you look at our squad, we have a high percentage of British-based players.

I do look in the market abroad but with the wages we pay, I think there’s less risk and safer options getting in Scottish-based players who know the league and what’s expected.

Even though we do look at the wider field I think there’s a huge risk for a club of our size bringing in players from abroad.

If you look around the league, outside the big clubs, how many of those players from abroad are a success?

And I don’t just mean a success for a month or two. How many are a success for three or four seasons? Very few come over and do well over a long period.”

*sigh*

Just now, Kyle said:

Quotes from King Tommy below, just published by the Daily Record;

If you look at our squad, we have a high percentage of British-based players.

I do look in the market abroad but with the wages we pay, I think there’s less risk and safer options getting in Scottish-based players who know the league and what’s expected.

Even though we do look at the wider field I think there’s a huge risk for a club of our size bringing in players from abroad.

If you look around the league, outside the big clubs, how many of those players from abroad are a success?

And I don’t just mean a success for a month or two. How many are a success for three or four seasons? Very few come over and do well over a long period.”

*sigh*

He's at it.

100%.

He's got an Äçê up his sleeve, and is just milking this for all he can....

Can't wait for a Rory Fallon/Adam Morgan type signing. Maybe Rory Morgan, their secret love child. Or something.

I can't imagine Fallon ever having the necessary verve and enthusiasm to undertake something as strenuous as love making.

7 minutes ago, nelsjfc said:

I can't imagine Fallon ever having the necessary verve and enthusiasm to undertake something as strenuous as love making.

They prefer ice cream making to love making. At least his wife does which may not be a great surprise.

"The registration window is still open and we are working hard to get a striker in but I will reiterate that we will not be bringing in someone who is only going to be third or fourth choice. Anyone coming in has to make the starting eleven better"

Sounds hopeful. Happy with the window so far TBH. A quality addition up front would complete the squad but we'd still be fine without.