Double Winning St Johnstone FC Thread

FM is a game Bawb. A game.

Is this when we both make posts about how the other is taking our posts to seriously?

58 minutes ago, tree house tam said:

All this hype about him being fast etc. Spoony looked fast against Sunderland.

Only bit that impressed me was his turn in a tight situation. I'll leave judgement till after tomorrow on this one.

He's been taking running lessons from Roman Habran, or so I heard.

1 hour ago, PauloPerth said:

Even though we haven't signed him, and even if we had signed him nobody has taken any interest in him, but if we do and when they do, I hope we get a decent sell on clause written into the deal.

:)

Ok, I've finally worked this sentence out and I'm sure they will have. ;)

11 minutes into his first start, he's just set up Macca to make it 1-0 :wub: 

as I type, he's taking the piss with flicks and tricks.
Contract tonight please, Thomas. 

Just tried an overhead kick [emoji23]

1-0 Saints at HT. Decent first half, nice and competitive for a friendly. 

Both teams had spells of possession but Saints have created chances, don't think the monkey hangers have had a shot yet.

Habran looks lively, Tommy seems to be constantly on at him or getting others to tell him to push up as he seems to like to drop in and get involved. He looks worth signing to me.

Scougs is great on the ball, though not a natural wide player, far better when he drifts inside and gets involved.

Tanser seems to have a howler the first 10 mins then settles into a game.

Might just be cos it's friendlies, but we certainly seem to be playing a lot more football. One move was about 6-8 first time passes between muzz ando and Paton under pressure leading to scougs bursting thru the middle, a few more passes before Macca fresh aired his shot, to much hilarity between him and our subs warming up behind the goal.

Not convinced we'll sign Habran, which will likely cause a meltdown and many "sack Steve Brown" type comments. 

In my opinion hes very much like MOH was when he first joined. Has the raw pace and ability on the ball, but isn't sure how to use/what runs to make. He vanished from the game once he went on the wings, and yet when he was up front he never had a sniff of a chance at goal, he also shirked a few physical confrontations, so I'm not really sure where he'll play if he signs if we're still wanting a striker. 

He did link well with Scougall when he was up front, and his willingness to drop short/run the wings allowed Macca to stay up top which led to the goal. 

Finished 1-0 Saints.

Second half a bit of a non-event. We went 4-5-1 with Kane up front on his own, Habran and Scougall wide, habrán took a knock after an hour and went off for Alston.

Ando and Liam Gordon were centre back pairing for the full game, and they strolled it. Liam Gordon is very comfortable on the ball. Possibly our best footballing centre back?  Joe was on the bench. Not sure if he was rested, or whether we've got another game in a few days that him and Gilchrist will play in..

Mannus had very little to do, but he coped fine with what there was; he seems to be more comfortable coming for crosses. Was thinking today is this the best pair of keepers Saints have ever had at one time??

Next game at McD is 12th August.. 

Yeah I'm not sure if Habran will get an offer either. He was fine and would give us a different dimension, but I'm not sure Tommy will be up for the flicks and tricks. 

I'd much rather Habran than a typical premiership jobber tbh. Guess we'll see over the next few days. 

9 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Not convinced we'll sign Habran, which will likely cause a meltdown and many "sack Steve Brown" type comments. 

In my opinion hes very much like MOH was when he first joined. Has the raw pace and ability on the ball, but isn't sure how to use/what runs to make. He vanished from the game once he went on the wings, and yet when he was up front he never had a sniff of a chance at goal, he also shirked a few physical confrontations, so I'm not really sure where he'll play if he signs if we're still wanting a striker. 

He did link well with Scougall when he was up front, and his willingness to drop short/run the wings allowed Macca to stay up top which led to the goal. 

Yes I won't be entirely shocked if we announce we're not signing him, though I hope we do as he's a bit different from our other attacking options. And, realistically, is there still time to find someone else of better quality that we can afford?

You beat me to it Kyle!

Yeah I'm not sure if Habran will get an offer either. He was fine and would give us a different dimension, but I'm not sure Tommy will be up for the flicks and tricks.  I'd much rather Habran than a typical premiership jobber tbh. Guess we'll see over the next few days. 

Not sure the tricks will annoy him too much, Spoonys prone to the same. I think TW was looking for him to make runs in behind when he was up front, and whilst he did do it a few times down the left, he never once made a decent central run. There was a point when Muzz was charging down the park, Habran was the main option but just continued his run beside the two centre halves, if he'd pulled off he'd have been in the clear.

I think TW would've looked at his tracking back when he played on the wing, and he again didn't quite get it. He didn't always follow his man, and had a bizarre moment when he decided to stand in the centre circle, leaving Foster isolated on the right and leaving a mammoth gap between Foster and Gordon. I'm not sure whether TW told him to go to the left either, but he didn't communicate it at all so we ended up with no right winger.

A positive was he was willing to talk to his team mates. Foster, Easton, Muzz and Macca all gave him instructions and he listened and followed them. TW also gave him a few words and again he was taking it on board. I think that'll be a big thing in his favour.

Just observations that I saw, that worried me a little about him. No idea if it's what other people saw.