Double Winning St Johnstone FC Thread

https://m.youtube.com/watch?feature=youtu.be&v=C6mVAXts98Y

I could watch that third goal all day. Glorious stuff from Spoony 

What we need to see is the minute or so before hat first goal. That was about the most absurd piece of football I've ever seen. Did Mannone carry it across the line? The linesman certainly ran up the park as if he was signalling a goal!

What we need to see is the minute or so before hat first goal. That was about the most absurd piece of football I've ever seen. Did Mannone carry it across the line? The linesman certainly ran up the park as if he was signalling a goal!

He saved it (which was given as a free kick) onto his knees & back into the net.

Couldn't understand why MacLean was so desperate to get the ball back at first.

5 minutes ago, Jamie_Beatson said:

He handled it/grabbed it, the ref must have blew before it crossed the line or the goal should have stood. Sunderland were Puddin.

Edited by tree house tam
Stupid phone

It was bizarre. I looked away and next thing I see him him lying in some odd position, had no idea what had happened. Apparently on £30k a week.

Thought there was a lot of showboating by us today. Game was over after 30 mins and we took the piss a few times after that. Seemingly Sunderland wage bill is £15000-£30000 per player :lol:

It felt like us against Trakai, they were just not as sharp as us. I'm  sure if we played them in 6 weeks they'd maybe keep it down to 1 or 2.

I'm suddenly a big fan of the new home shirt. :wub:
Coming up to Scotland at the end of next month. I need to see this dreamboat in the flesh.

You won't be disappointed. A Tade/Nigel hybrid

Never too interested in getting caught up in the hysteria that can come from pre-season games, so main thing I was looking to take from today was seeing a bit more of Scougall. He looked more comfortable on the left than previously, the protection of Millar and Davidson allowing him to sit further up the park.

Interesting approach from the manager with the starting eleven playing most of the match and some young guys getting a run at the end. Suggests the rest of the first team squad will get the majority of game against Rangers on Tuesday. Hopefully Euan O'Reilly takes the right sort of boost from his appearance. TW has done it with a few young guys at this stage previously but they don't seem to take it as the encouragement it should be.

Feels as though we've got a huge squad right now. Even more the case now a fair few youngsters are in and around the first team.  Expect a few will have to go out on loan.

Midfield especially seems crazy..

Millar, Davidson, Scougall, Wotherspoon, Alston, Craig, Paton, Thomson, Mclean, plus any younger lads on the fringes

11 minutes ago, Radford said:

Never too interested in getting caught up in the hysteria that can come from pre-season games, so main thing I was looking to take from today was seeing a bit more of Scougall. He looked more comfortable on the left than previously, the protection of Millar and Davidson allowing him to sit further up the park.

Interesting approach from the manager with the starting eleven playing most of the match and some young guys getting a run at the end. Suggests the rest of the first team squad will get the majority of game against Rangers on Tuesday. Hopefully Euan O'Reilly takes the right sort of boost from his appearance. TW has done it with a few young guys at this stage previously but they don't seem to take it as the encouragement it should be.

Just looked up Euan O'Reilly, he's not long turned 17 and from Auchterarder. Must have been part of our all-conquering 17's team last season.  I thought he did very well, certainly didn't look out of place in the short time he was on the park.

I liked the approach of playing it like a proper match, in keeping the same team for a good chunk of the game, then doing it again on Tuesday with those who missed out. Makes it a better game to watch, and also, with other teams playing competitively in the Betfred cup over the next fortnight, hopefully means we can still be match sharp when the league kicks off.

As an aside, how does the Main Stand cope if its ever full (e.g big European games) in terms of catering and toilets.  There just doesn't seem to be enough of them?

21 minutes ago, PauloPerth said:

Feels as though we've got a huge squad right now. Even more the case now a fair few youngsters are in and around the first team.  Expect a few will have to go out on loan.

Midfield especially seems crazy..

Millar, Davidson, Scougall, Wotherspoon, Alston, Craig, Paton, Thomson, Mclean, plus any younger lads on the fringes

Indeed. Craig, Paton, Alston and Thomson not in the squad and we're still able to field a midfield 4 of Wotherspoon Millar Davidson Scougall. Crazy. The fact we have such a large number in there and not one natural left winger is mental.

After a shaky start against Trakai, Gilchrist has looked more than capable of deputising for Shaughnessy and Anderson in the games he's played since so I'm feeling a little more confident about our defensive options now.

I'd imagine Kerr, striker Hurst and perhaps McLean are the favourites to go out on loan considering the players ahead of them. Depending on the seriousness of Clark's injury, goalie Hurst might go out too. I would like to see Comrie get a chance whenever Foster isn't available so I hope we keep him for the season.

Is it still likely that Watson will leave? Or is it more likely we'll hang onto him and allow Comrie a loan spell?