Double Winning St Johnstone FC Thread

Sounds like a nasty one for Clark, apparently he was out cold.

Yup. Been almost ten minutes and that's them just got him on the stretcher. Hope it's just precautionary.

Yes it was all going so well..

then Zander stretchered off in a neck brace. As above, hope its precautionary.

An excellent half. 

Maclean excellent. Midge and Muzz bossing the midfield. 

Tanser looks good passer and going forward, not convinced defensively. Gilchrist a good half.

Hope someone was filming that second Spoony goal. 1-2 on edge of box then thru one on one with keeper he did that wee move where he rolls his foot over the top of the ball which the keeper bought completely. Messi esque!! 

Sunderland shite. It's like us v Trakai all over. We're about upto pace whereas Sunderland are a few weeks away.

but if we can get Ando and Easton match fit, keep midge and muzz fit all season, and add a quality striker, then yes I agree with the previous comments that we will win the league.

A fair few saints fans thought it was 3pm ko and missed the goal extravaganza!!

English league is over rated as f**k, full strength team from them swatted aside at half pace.

Wotherspoon the best player on the park, he plays like that regularly he'll be a more than adequate Swanson replacement. Sadly we all know consistency is where he struggles.

Can we talk about Habran's mazy which resulted in us winning a corner? (Presuming that was Habran - he didn't have dyed hair etc ). 

I want him signed tonight, Thomas. 

Habrán looks great. He is quick and skilful. I would sign him based on that performance. Really hope others don't start sniffing about him. His wee thumbs up to the crowd as he was applauded up shows he wants to climb aboard the champions-elect steamroller. :rolleyes:

The wee ginger youngster that came on and played wide right looked tidy as well. I didn't catch his name, O' something.

Hoping Zander is not too badly hurt.

Was also concerned at leaving Murray on the full game as I thought he was limping a bit during the second half.

If Sunderland bid £10m they could probably get our whole team, and they'd be far in far better shape going into this season. Chris Millar must wonder how Lee Cattermole makes more in a season than he will make in his entire career, when he's absolutely strolled it against him.  

Habran looks like a wild card option. I'm concerned that, if he plays well against Rangers, they'll end up pinching him from under our noses. 

Sign him Thomas. Please. 

2 minutes ago, The Real Saints said:

Anti-football garbage IMO.

Build up for the 2nd goal was top class as well.

Everytime Habran got the ball there was a gasp of anticipation. You'll fall in love with him The Real Saints. 

Yes I was critical of Tanser first 15 minutes, I thought he got caught out wrong side a couple of times and was a bit weak once or twice even before the penalty.  He definitely improved as we got on top though, and overall had a decent game. Good passing the ball out of defence.  

With the lack of matches for us between the two left sided defenders, was a good achievement to keep a clean sheet.