Double Winning St Johnstone FC Thread

Big few weeks coming up. Must get a forward and left winger in asap and now arrange extra friendlies.

Honestly can't see that happening, TW will be complaining about the budget soon enough and we'll end up signing James McFadden again

He won't sign a proper striker as it would mean the unthinkable option of dropping MacLean as a starter. Even when it risks out entire season he can't leave MacLean out because MacLean wants to play. How much confidence do you think it instilled in Kane and Cummins to see the manager risk a fucking cripple rather than rely on them?

Team lacks quality, needs investment, small club, budget doesn't allow for much, etc

Just his usual then.

6 minutes ago, Widge said:

Didn't even acknowledge the fans who made the trip, I think his hearts gone out of this now.

Wouldn't be surprised if that was the case. Motherwell, county, Thistle etc are finishing below us and paying fees for players. No reason why we can't dish out one or two 5 figure fees to help Tommy improve the squad, especially when we have about £2 million sitting in the bank. 

Without being that guy, but who says we don't have offers in for folk? If the Mark Russell rumour is true, he'd have cost a fee. We'll have to pay something for MOH regardless and he's been given the go ahead for that type of live aswell.

1 minute ago, RandomGuy. said:

Without being that guy, but who says we don't have offers in for folk? If the Mark Russell rumour is true, he'd have cost a fee. We'll have to pay something for MOH regardless and he's been given the go ahead for that type of live aswell.

I didn't say that. We haven't paid a fee (other than the £2500 for George Hunter) since the summer we brought in Grainger, Davidson and Mackay. They cost us £90k roughly and we got 3 good players, 2 of whom have been superb servants for us. 

We have to put faith in Tommy to sign the players he clearly wants and the squad badly needs. Not sure if there's much in the way of decent freebies going now.

Desperate for a striker and wide player.

Europe has been shite, but we've still got a decent squad, it's just crying out for a couple more jewels.

Liam Craig and Blair Alston out wide, with Kane or Cummins upfront, is not good enough to start. 

I didn't say that. We haven't paid a fee (other than the £2500 for George Hunter) since the summer we brought in Grainger, Davidson and Mackay. They cost us £90k roughly and we got 3 good players, 2 of whom have been superb servants for us. 
We have to put faith in Tommy to sign the players he clearly wants and the squad badly needs. Not sure if there's much in the way of decent freebies going now.

I agree we need to actually pay to finally end this never hunt for a left winger/striker. Whose to say we haven't though? TW has a history of mewling about the budget simply for the sake of mewling about it.

It wouldn't be a shock if Brown didn't have much faith in TWs targets anyway. His main targets last Summer seemed to be Watson and Coulson, both signed before the end of the season. Same with John Sutton.

1 minute ago, RandomGuy. said:

I agree we need to actually pay to finally end this never hunt for a left winger/striker. Whose to say we haven't though? TW has a history of mewling about the budget simply for the sake of mewling about it.

It wouldn't be a shock if Brown didn't have much faith in TWs targets anyway. His main targets last Summer seemed to be Watson and Coulson, both signed before the end of the season. Same with John Sutton.

Again, I didn't say that we've not. We signed Sutton in the middle of June. 

44 minutes ago, Costanza said:

Team lacks quality, needs investment, small club, budget doesn't allow for much, etc

Its nothing to do with that though is it? 

Team lacks quality? - Cesnauskis is their captain ffs. Having not watched any of the games, I would doubt many, if any, would get a game for a team in the Scottish Premiership
Needs investment? - I don't know Trakai's finances but would hazard a guess that it is, at best, similar to St Johnstone's.
Small club? - UEFA rank St Johnstone 215th, Trakai 404th. St Johnstone are officially a bigger club/team.

We (Scottish clubs) need to stop making piss poor excuses like that. We continuously get outplayed technically and out-thought tactically because managers and players dont adapt to suit European football. 

Edited by Jacky1990