Double Winning St Johnstone FC Thread

33 minutes ago, Kyle said:

Chris Harvey @ChristopherHarv 56s56 seconds ago

Pitch perfect at McDiarmid Park. Squinting into the sunshine. Hopefully done Saints transfer news on Stv tonight at six.pic.twitter.com/iP9pZ4nsADC_qn4iXsAAjxmN.jpg

Intriguing.

If they've called in STV, I don't see it being a complete huddy...

Image result for excited gif

31 minutes ago, Kyle said:

Chris Harvey @ChristopherHarv 56s56 seconds ago

Pitch perfect at McDiarmid Park. Squinting into the sunshine. Hopefully done Saints transfer news on Stv tonight at six.pic.twitter.com/iP9pZ4nsA

Intriguing.

If they've called in STV, I don't see it being a complete huddy...

Interesting that it's only hopeful there'll be 'done' news yet he's there. maybe the ex-Rochdale and Port Vale guy is playing hard to get.

Hopefully we can sort out our home form from last season, as we've got a run of winnable home matches in Motherwell, Partick, Hibs and Hamilton to start with.

Away first 4 are killie, Celtic, Dundee and Aberdeen so a bit tougher.

Financially, Rangers and Hibs at home twice with Celtic, Aberdeen, Hearts and Dundee only once at McD before the split.  Have to hope we get a few big home European nights, and make top 6 again to get more 'big' crowd fixtures.

14 hours ago, PauloPerth said:

It's more a case of knowing what you're getting. Anyone from down south within our wage budget would likely be lower leagues and a gamble along Coulson lines, or foreign and an even bigger gamble!

There is always the chance you take a punt and it works out well as it did with Dunne.

I just feel, as a wide player of a proven quality for us, who would be a realistic signing possibility, that I can't think of too many better options.

But as Radford says, it is possible he's completely outwith our reach in terms of wages.

Sadly though Scottish football is at the level where an English lower league guy could easily be of acceptable standard. Yes Coulson was a shocker but buying internally doesn't guarantee quality, Rory Fallon, or a previously decent player not working out, John Sutton. 

I don't think we should re-sign MOH but I couldn't name another option through lack of knowledge on budgets and other players. Don't think that makes the opinion any less valid though.

7 minutes ago, 7-2 said:

Sadly though Scottish football is at the level where an English lower league guy could easily be of acceptable standard. Yes Coulson was a shocker but buying internally doesn't guarantee quality, Rory Fallon, or a previously decent player not working out, John Sutton. 

I don't think we should re-sign MOH but I couldn't name another option through lack of knowledge on budgets and other players. Don't think that makes the opinion any less valid though.

Well hopefully we get someone in soon, as well as a striker. It'd be great to have everything settled well before the season starts for once.  Decent signings in those two positions, and left back cover, and we're looking in good shape ..

1 minute ago, PauloPerth said:

Well hopefully we get someone in soon, as well as a striker. It'd be great to have everything settled well before the season starts for once.  Decent signings in those two positions, and left back cover, and we're looking in good shape ..

I think we're in pretty good shape anyway, but we'll struggle if we get injuries in certain areas of the park (namely left wing, left back and up front).

I think the former 2 are more important than the striker at this stage because of squad numbers, but I think the striker is the one we're under most pressure to get right if you catch my drift.

I'd take Stephen Hendrie as back up, O'Halloran to play the wing because he's actually quite versatile and then hold out for the right striker.

I didn't think I'd be able to say this after last season, but I think we're heading into this season potentially with an even stronger squad if the right players come in.

4 minutes ago, Kyle said:

I think we're in pretty good shape anyway, but we'll struggle if we get injuries in certain areas of the park (namely left wing, left back and up front).

I think the former 2 are more important than the striker at this stage because of squad numbers, but I think the striker is the one we're under most pressure to get right if you catch my drift.

Yes I agree, we're already looking decent. I was just understating it as I'd say quite exciting shape if we get those three right. I didn't want to go baws oot though as these things can come back to haunt you when you're fighting relegation come April!!

I'm going over old ground here, but the Scobbie one still frustrates a bit. Not that he was anything brilliant, but he was proven and could play left back and CB, which was really useful. It just seems like a distraction we could have avoided having to find a suitable replacement, when all our efforts could have been going into getting the wide player and the striker.

7 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

According to the bookies it's Hodson to be a full back who signs

Crikey - that would be well above the level I was expecting. Hope the bookies aren't LEEding us up the garden path.

Admittedly, he's primarily a right back, so Tommy's chat of not wanting 4 right footers at the back would be chucked in the air if it's him.

Edited by Kyle

Crikey - that would be well above the level I was expecting. Hope the bookies aren't LEEding us up the garden path.

Admittedly, he's primarily a right back, so Tommy's chat of not wanting 4 right footers at the back would be chucked in the air if it's him.

It was a joke Kyle. I'm going down the Agent Scotland route of hinting at every possible player, and then I'll delete the posts which aren't true