Double Winning St Johnstone FC Thread

1 hour ago, Shaggy Jenkins said:

MOH?  A polished bit of dried turd does not a jewel make.

Aye but he's quick and can play out wide or through the middle though. TW wants speed and versatility.

MOH can give him that for a couple of months a season, or when he can be arsed, or when his heads not turned etc etc etc

Wouldn't be my first choice but may be Tommys. 

Tommy is prepared to wait for jewels.
I think he's holding out for MOH on loan tbh.

When he talked about a more expensive winger who'd be available later on in the season, I instantly assumed he was on about him

I'd take O'Halloran back in a second. Would be a great option for us. Playing under a manager who knows how to get the best out of him would be good for all parties.

For those slating him, love to hear the long list of wide players in this league outwith Celtic/ Aberdeen who would be better options...

I would 100% take O'Halloran back. Capable of playing on the left, right or up front. It'll come down to money though I'd guess and we won't compete on that front I fear.

We drew 0-0 with Rangers at Murray Park this afternoon. Davidson got a run.

27 minutes ago, PauloPerth said:

I'd take O'Halloran back in a second. Would be a great option for us. Playing under a manager who knows how to get the best out of him would be good for all parties.

For those slating him, love to hear the long list of wide players in this league outwith Celtic/ Aberdeen who would be better options...

Its been quite a while since the transfer market was restricted to only this league Paulo. 

You've absolutely zero chance of getting Jordan Jones......

Well yeah, a young player is hardly going to cross the "meh divide"

Certainly sounds as if he's holding out for a decent player and is the sooking up to Rangers for a purpose? Also good to see he recognises that signing one player affects his budget for others.

He'd need to be pretty fucking thick if he hadn't previously worked that out!

Who said that? I said he'd be as good as MOH,who can play in various positions,just as Fyvie can,and Jones

What positions can Fyvie play?

Right across the middle, seen him play wide right at McD Ryan Fraser was wide left,and through the middle too,obviously,played the no.10 for the sheep on a few occasions too iirc

Get him TELT!

You'll be wrong of course.

Right across the middle, seen him play wide right at McD Ryan Fraser was wide left,and through the middle too,obviously,played the no.10 for the sheep on a few occasions too iirc

Fair enough, still not sure those positions are as "needed" as the roles MOH can cover though.

1 hour ago, 7-2 said:

Its been quite a while since the transfer market was restricted to only this league Paulo. 

It's more a case of knowing what you're getting. Anyone from down south within our wage budget would likely be lower leagues and a gamble along Coulson lines, or foreign and an even bigger gamble!

There is always the chance you take a punt and it works out well as it did with Dunne.

I just feel, as a wide player of a proven quality for us, who would be a realistic signing possibility, that I can't think of too many better options.

But as Radford says, it is possible he's completely outwith our reach in terms of wages.