Double Winning St Johnstone FC Thread

30 minutes ago, Widge said:

Well that's brilliant. Club charter is how I'll probably be going mainly because I actually work and couldn't sit all day figuring out a plan to get there. And you know....effort.

M8, I spent all Monday afternoon looking at flights. Work. Pfft. That could wait.

Well that's brilliant. Club charter is how I'll probably be going mainly because I actually work and couldn't sit all day figuring out a plan to get there. And you know....effort.

There's a website called 'Skyscanner' (on the internet and an Android and IOS App too). It's 5 minutes work.

Maybe you could do it at peacetime - unless there's no 3/4G in the field?

6 minutes ago, Fifespud said:

There's a website called 'Skyscanner' (on the internet and an Android and IOS App too). It's 5 minutes work.

Maybe you could do it at peacetime - unless there's no 3/4G in the field?

OOOOOOFT.

I wouldn't take that lying down, Widge. Unleash the fury.

Edited by Kyle

OOOOOOFT.

I wouldn't take that lying down, Widge. Unleash the fury.

I think we all know that it's Spudies wife that takes it lying down and standing up and on her...well you get the gist.

Let's not even talk about unleashing!

46 minutes ago, Fifespud said:

In the non agricultural world we have a 'morning break'. How are the rest of us meant to know how you teuchters spell your strange words?

From the culture that gave us the (admittedly delicious) peh...

8 hours ago, RandomGuy. said:

Just the quoted figure in the latest media reports

Ok thanks. I just can't see him being available...and Preston are at home to Wednesday on the first day of the season!

Remind us where you grew up and what your fathers job was Spud?

You've got this all wrong. My association with Bruce McDiarmid was nothing to do with my dad. I used to be sent there when I first started work to hand deliver documents on behalf of the firm I worked for. I've never had a 'piece time' in my working life. I don't think you'll find a quote from me contra to that - you might of course as I have slavered a lot of shite on P and B over the years but ^^^ that's the truth of the matter.

10 minutes ago, Fifespud said:

You've got this all wrong. My association with Bruce McDiarmid was nothing to do with my dad. I used to be sent there when I first started work to hand deliver documents on behalf of the firm I worked for. I've never had a 'piece time' in my working life. I don't think you'll find a quote from me contra to that - you might of course as I have slavered a lot of shite on P and B over the years but ^^^ that's the truth of the matter.

Very interesting. 

Quite a good piece in The Courier today. 

Sounds like Dayton isn't a priority signing as Tommy has other targets. He still wants Watson away and hopes to have 5 senior defenders backed up by some younger players with other development players sent out on loan.

11 minutes ago, The Saintee said:

Quite a good piece in The Courier today. 

Sounds like Dayton isn't a priority signing as Tommy has other targets. He still wants Watson away and hopes to have 5 senior defenders backed up by some younger players with other development players sent out on loan.

Indeed - quite an enjoyable read. Seems he's prioritising the left back (suspect it'll be a left sided defender in the mould of Scobbie than just an out and out left back) most of all. As things stand, we have 4 senior defenders with a future at the club, and 4 players who are in and around the first team who don't have much top level experience (Comrie, Gilchrist, Gordon and Kerr). I'd guess that Gordon and Gilchrist will stay with us, whilst the other two (who are a bit younger) will be loaned out again next season.

Reading between the lines, I don't think Dayton will get a deal from us. If Tommy's talking about a decision on him this week (which is only fair as he's been with us for over a week now) then it's unlikely to be a positive outcome for him when we're waiting on others before committing to an offer for Dayton. Perhaps that one will be revisited later in the summer if he's still available.