Double Winning St Johnstone FC Thread

51 minutes ago, Sonsteam of 08 said:

I don't mean to blow my own trumpet here, because I played a role in choosing it, but the 2001s team I coach get our kit from TTL too, and it's far nicer than that. 

In saying that, I kind of like the away one. The home one has far too much white in it. 

We had a top very, very similar to that four or five years ago tbf.

Michael-Duberry-007.jpg

Why do we need white sleeves? We're not arsenal or Hibernians. Would have been better all blue with the pinstripes.

The away one is okay but doesn't provide a massive change if opponents are also in blue and white, as mentioned.

I don't buy team shirts so it doesn't really matter, but just once I'd love to see a new Saints kit and think "wow, that looks brilliant" like you sometimes feel when you see other teams' new strip.

Saints have over 20 first team players signed up for next season (not even allowing for Scobbie, Watson and Coulson); the alternative might be more exciting but it's a pretty strong position the club are in as we know the quality this group has and, quietly, TW has gone about reducing the age of the squad, with only four outfield players over the age of 31: Anderson, Foster, Millar and MacLean.

I'm relatively hopeful that the manager will get three targets who are quite high up his list.

36 minutes ago, Radford said:

Saints have over 20 first team players signed up for next season (not even allowing for Scobbie, Watson and Coulson); the alternative might be more exciting but it's a pretty strong position the club are in as we know the quality this group has and, quietly, TW has gone about reducing the age of the squad, with only four outfield players over the age of 31: Anderson, Foster, Millar and MacLean.

I'm relatively hopeful that the manager will get three targets who are quite high up his list.

Sometimes I want a bit of strawberry, not just vanilla. A summer where we need 10-12 signings would be brilliant fun. Just check out the St Mirren thread. They've all got stiffies because they're getting new signings left right and centre.

31 minutes ago, Kyle said:

Sometimes I want a bit of strawberry, not just vanilla. A summer where we need 10-12 signings would be brilliant fun. Just check out the St Mirren thread. They've all got stiffies because they're getting new signings left right and centre.

Do they need a right back and a.....ehm, Coulson.

Just now, tree house tam said:

Do they need a right back and a.....ehm, Coulson.

I wouldn't be shocked to see Keith Watson rock up in Paisley again to be honest. They were linked with him in January.

No one is stupid enough to take Coulson off of our hands though.

Aye it would be much better to be St Mirren than to St Johnstone just now.

Much better.