Double Winning St Johnstone FC Thread

Why can't we get May back? He's done literally nothing of note for the past year - it would be a perfect way for him to bounce back.

Honestly ill be stunned if May isn't back at St Johnstone next season. His career has stalled to the point he almost needs a fresh start and we are the best club to offer that.

5 hours ago, RandomGuy. said:

In terms of this fourth choice striker we're endlessly searching for, he's probably as good as we'll be able to get, especially seeing as he was into double figures for goals last time he was here.

We don't need a fourth choice striker, that's the role that Kane\Cummins should be filling. They are decent players but we should be looking to improve on them, not bring in a guy of similar standing. He is decent in the air but I think Cummins is too. I'll be disappointed if after making comments about looking for quality to kick us on and "jewels in crown" this summer, we bring in Brian Graham.

Some in your support said the same about signing Liam Craig and giving us David Wotherspoon to be fair.
Now both are ahead of your marque signing in the pecking order of the 4th best team in Scotland. I suppose our back up players are the best the 13th best team can hope for 8)[emoji6]

Didn't you hear we're the 2nd best team in Scotland?

Liam Craig is an shitebag and had absolutely no business being a Hibernian player. I'm still seething at how many chances he got for us.

Tommy Wright was down in England himself last month watching a target in person. Don't know the player but there were only three League One games on the night in question:

• Oxford vs Sheffield Utd
  • Walsall vs Chesterfield
  • Charlton vs Scunthorpe

8 minutes ago, Radford said:

Tommy Wright was down in England himself last month watching a target in person. Don't know the player but there were only three League One games on the night in question:

• Charlton vs Scunthorpe

Chris maguire - oxford? I think hes out of contract soon

End of the season. We apparently tried to sign him in the same window we got Swanson the first time.

Very similar style of player.

I'd be more than happy with that. Always liked him at Aberdeen and would be a good replacement for Swanson. Seems to have been a regular down there so I'm not sure how likely it would be unless hes keen on a return North.

I'm feeling more confident about this upcoming summer window then I've felt for quite sometime. All bar one of a squad that's on target for 4th signed on for next season and talk of adding "jewels in the crown".

And the new saints card is out this week!

Not much to it, but on their forum they all seem to believe he'll be leaving them. They also all seem to want rid of Hemmings..

Mark McNulty

He never played in that game.

Paul Coutts did though, he's another who's constantly linked with a move to our league.

1 hour ago, Radford said:

• Charlton vs Scunthorpe

Probably Walsall as the Megabus fare would be cheaper than Oxford or London.

6 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

He never played in that game.

Paul Coutts did though, he's another who's constantly linked with a move to our league.

Was on the bench I think?  Tommy Unfortunately can not pick the Sheffield team to play he has to take a gamble. It was him by the way ITK

Paul Coutts has come onto a regular game lately so can see him staying was also rejected by Saints when he was youngster, was rejected by a few mind you not only Saints, think it was Fergie's son that signed him for Peterburgh his old man got the tip off when he was playing Highland League.  

Edited by Center half

Was on the bench I think?  Tommy Unfortunately can not pick the Sheffield team to play he has to take a gamble. It was him by the way ITK

Yeah his name was on the bench, and aye, I wasn't having a go or anything was just saying.

Can't say I remember much about him, tbh. From memory I think he scored a fair amount for Livingston in League One, and was a bit Griffiths-y in his play, but Im not sure how accurate that is.

Would prefer it to Graham though, purely because it's a new name

Did Scougall play? Or was he just down for talks?

I heard TW ran to Sheffield for talks with "Scougs" as it was too big an opportunity to pass up.