Double Winning St Johnstone FC Thread

13 minutes ago, Hibeesbounce75 said:

David Wotherspoon and Liam Craig :lol: 

pair of absolute shitebags. Danny Swanson is comfortably better than both. It's just he's been saving himself for his dream move to the Scottish cup holding league champions. 

6 minutes ago, Fraser Fyvie said:

The farmers taking this one well it seems.

Time will tell gentlemen, hope Danny proves he is as Chick the p***k once said should be playing for the national team, unfortunately I think Spooner will be the first to play for a 

full international team, Hope it all works out well for him though. By the way you guys used to have a nippy wee winger was it Harris? would take him as our replacement if he was available though.      

3 minutes ago, Radford said:

If ever a post could come close to making me cry, it's one suggesting Alex Harris as a replacement for Danny Swanson.

What a depressing thought.

Do you know the guy? Where is he now? was once the next big thing was he No, a bit like Spooner,Swanson was once I suppose, so dry your eyes my man and have some faith in the unknown point to prove system.;)   

Harris is a shite Craig Thomson. We'd be better playing Coulson, who actually contributes assists every so often.

I wouldn't be adverse to playing Wotherspoon on the left, and Alston on the right, for a spell of games. Just to see how it works out. If it goes well then the desperate need for a left winger becomes lessened.

It's also handy we've got Craig, who's proven he can comfortably play at this level in numerous positions.

4 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Harris is a shite Craig Thomson. We'd be better playing Coulson, who actually contributes assists every so often.

I wouldn't be adverse to playing Wotherspoon on the left, and Alston on the right, for a spell of games. Just to see how it works out. If it goes well then the desperate need for a left winger becomes lessened.

It's also handy we've got Craig, who's proven he can comfortably play at this level in numerous positions.

Ah so you know where he is now? and how has been playing then? just answer the fucking questions I asked that is all, at least the hibbe guy gave some current information on the situation and if he is no better than Coulson and Thompson we are no worse off then we are fucked,   

Ah so you know where he is now? and how has been playing then? just answer the fucking questions I asked that is all, at least the hibbe guy gave some current information on the situation and if he is no better than Coulson and Thompson we are no worse off then we are fucked,   

Hes played 40 minutes of football since the end of September, at a Championship side.

Last season he played 26 times for QOS, with 4 goals and 9 assists. Looks decent, until you state that 2 goals and 3 assists came in the one game, against a. Dumbarton side in utter chaos.

Is 2 goals and 6 assists in 25 Championship games something you find impressive in a winger? By most of what I seen from my visits down there he was described as extremely lightweight with no end product.

Truly though, he once had a good few games for Hibs when he was 18, so we should absolutely sign him.

43 minutes ago, Radford said:

If ever a post could come close to making me cry, it's one suggesting Alex Harris as a replacement for Danny Swanson.

What a depressing thought.

This. 

We are adding quality to the fourth best team in Scotland this summer, not adding just for numbers.

A striker and a couple of attacking midfielders inbound.

Ive never heard of Alex Harris? Is he a lower league player?

He had a couple of good games for Hibs about five seasons ago, was lauded as the next great hope. He was absolutely abysmal for Dundee, done nothing of note for QOS and wasn't even making Hibs bench until they tied up the title and started fucking about with their team.

It's staggering anyone genuinely believes he'd contribute anything close to what Swanson has.

Looking at players for next season, attacking midfielders (incl. wingers) and strikers appear to be the priority.  There may be an opportunity to cherry pick whoever is relegated from the Prem, or the better players from clubs who fail to come up.  

Suggestions: Boyce or Shalk from Ross County, Tony Andreu from Utd, I've always liked Ali Crawford at Hamilton when he's played against us, though Accies fans say he's good about 1 in 6 games. Jai Quitongo as a bit of a gamble maybe, but I think he has another year on his contract at Morton. Stefan Scougall has been out the picture at Sheffield Utd the past few weeks, not sure if he's been injured. With them being promoted he may be surplus to plans.

I wanted Thistle to get relegated so we could have a go at getting Barton and Bannigan :) . If Bannigan gets back to pre-injury level then that is arguably the best centre midfield pairing outwith celtic's...

I'm not sure how realistic any of the above are, just a few suggestions. Who else would folk like to see us go for?

1 hour ago, RandomGuy. said:

Hes played 40 minutes of football since the end of September, at a Championship side.

Last season he played 26 times for QOS, with 4 goals and 9 assists. Looks decent, until you state that 2 goals and 3 assists came in the one game, against a. Dumbarton side in utter chaos.

Is 2 goals and 6 assists in 25 Championship games something you find impressive in a winger? By most of what I seen from my visits down there he was described as extremely lightweight with no end product.

Truly though, he once had a good few games for Hibs when he was 18, so we should absolutely sign him.

He had a couple of good games for Hibs about five seasons ago, was lauded as the next great hope. He was absolutely abysmal for Dundee, done nothing of note for QOS and wasn't even making Hibs bench until they tied up the title and started fucking about with their team.

It's staggering anyone genuinely believes he'd contribute anything close to what Swanson has.

Ill Bow to your superior knowledge then Random, you could have simply answered the question, he is still at Hibs and has not been played a lot of games for them?

I remember him and a young player Stanton being the next big thing through their youth teams, so wondered where  he was, thanks for the info as it would now appear he is shite!

so we will need to rely on Coulson to be our spark and flying winger to continue or top six finishes it would appear I presume he meets your criteria in that respect.     

He was pretty gutless in games against bigger teams but I didn't think he was that bad. Seemed to have a bit of technical ability and linked up very well in a few games and did play a part in some of the points we won.

I think staying at Hibs after that summer was really bad for him. Think joining us could have suited us quite well as he seemed quite a Hartley player.

2 minutes ago, PauloPerth said:

Looking at players for next season, attacking midfielders (incl. wingers) and strikers appear to be the priority.  There may be an opportunity to cherry pick whoever is relegated from the Prem, or the better players from clubs who fail to come up.  

Suggestions: Boyce or Shalk from Ross County, Tony Andreu from Utd, I've always liked Ali Crawford at Hamilton when he's played against us, though Accies fans say he's good about 1 in 6 games. Jai Quitongo as a bit of a gamble maybe, but I think he has another year on his contract at Morton. Stefan Scougall has been out the picture at Sheffield Utd the past few weeks, not sure if he's been injured. With them being promoted he may be surplus to plans.

I wanted Thistle to get relegated so we could have a go at getting Barton and Bannigan :) . If Bannigan gets back to pre-injury level then that is arguably the best centre midfield pairing outwith celtic's...

I'm not sure how realistic any of the above are, just a few suggestions. Who else would folk like to see us go for?

Agree with a lot of your suggestions there Paulo but the one problem we have is they are all out of budget range I would presume I would imagine every one of these would want as much as Swanson did not get, Remember we only managed to sign a winger from the club relegated from the English leagues to the conference but could not hold onto a winger that could not game for a club relegated to the lowest league in the English set up, that is our range I would think.  

8 minutes ago, harry94 said:

He was pretty gutless in games against bigger teams but I didn't think he was that bad. Seemed to have a bit of technical ability and linked up very well in a few games and did play a part in some of the points we won.

I think staying at Hibs after that summer was really bad for him. Think joining us could have suited us quite well as he seemed quite a Hartley player.

Thanks for the update Harry, would I be to hopeful that he could run reasonably fast, occasionally to begin with dribble around a opposition player and then cross at least 3 out five attempts into around the goal area, cause that would be good starting point for us.  

I wanted Thistle to get relegated so we could have a go at getting Barton and Bannigan [emoji4] . If Bannigan gets back to pre-injury level then that is arguably the best centre midfield pairing outwith celtic's...

Without wanting to seem harsh/Randoom-y, I wouldn't say a single one of those is realistic. Even Scougall, who I always go on about.

Ill Bow to your superior knowledge then Random, you could have simply answered the question, he is still at Hibs and has not been played a lot of games for them?
I remember him and a young player Stanton being the next big thing through their youth teams, so wondered where  he was, thanks for the info as it would now appear he is shite!
so we will need to rely on Coulson to be our spark and flying winger to continue or top six finishes it would appear I presume he meets your criteria in that respect.     

Coulson isn't good enough either. Thankfully the whole wide world exists and we're not stuck with a straight choice between him and Harris.