Double Winning St Johnstone FC Thread

I don't think he'll start.

Agree that it's naive to expect a player to stay out of loyalty when they're being offered more money elsewhere, but you do look for a bit of integrity.  It looks like he was always wanting away, and strung Saints along a bit to keep us as a last resort.

He's a player we might need in the run in, as shown from the impact he made when he came on against Aberdeen the other week.

However, as soon as we manage (if!) to secure fourth, i would drop him, stop him from training and feed him constantly. He's always been a lazy fat shite when he's joined us, so I would ensure Hibs get a wee barrel waddling into pre-season training.

I think if Wright felt let down by the club, he'd have said that Swanson would of course have been involved post-split. He defended the player's demands a few months ago.

I think it's the player he has a problem with and I don't expect him to start on Saturday. Having him on the bench then seems like a bit of a cop out though.

Is Paton just following Swanson round instagram saying f**k the hibs?

Pates :wub:
200.webp#0-grid1

If that's genuinely what he's doing, then he's some boy. Hated by fans of all teams, winds Celtic fans up, likes to wind other players up, winds saints fans up. He may be a limited player, but I've really warmed to him and if he's now taking the piss out of Swanson, then he deserves Fraser Wrights WUM title.

I quite like it in football when players/ coaches go to a club because they were a fan, or have some affiliation with them, rather than the usual purely for money, understandable though that is.  It was why I never shared the hatred of Paul Sturrock when he left us, as he played his whole career at Utd and was a club legend, so I could see the attraction for him.

It feels a bit different here though. I get that he might well be a hibs fan, but the fact that he did similar to us 2 years ago to join their biggest rivals suggests that it isn't really just about joining his boyhood heroes. I would think if it was Aberdeen or rangers then it would have been the same outcome...  He just wants to go to a bigger club to get more money.  

I quite like it in football when players/ coaches go to a club because they were a fan, or have some affiliation with them, rather than the usual purely for money, understandable though that is.  It was why I never shared the hatred of Paul Sturrock when he left us, as he played his whole career at Utd and was a club legend, so I could see the attraction for him.
It feels a bit different here though. I get that he might well be a hibs fan, but the fact that he did similar to us 2 years ago to join their biggest rivals suggests that it isn't really just about joining his boyhood heroes. I would think if it was Aberdeen or rangers then it would have been the same outcome...  He just wants to go to a bigger club to get more money.  

Maybe its just me but I wouldn't give a f**k if he left us for Rangers/Aberdeen/Hearts for more money. If he'd just been honest from the start it would've been fine.

Maybe its just me but I wouldn't give a f**k if he left us for Rangers/Aberdeen/Hearts for more money. If he'd just been honest from the start it would've been fine.

I think that's the crux of the matter. These things happen in football, players at this level need to milk as much money as they can. Doesn't excuse ripping the piss out of your manager though.

Paul Paton is an absolute moron btw so I don't think he's at the wind up, I reckon he's genuinely saying f**k the Hearts or some such. He once punched a fan whilst on holiday, posted on Twitter that it was Dundee fans starting shite, it was then awkwardly revealed that it was United fans trying to party with him, then all the tweets were deleted. [emoji38] He's thick as mince.

1 hour ago, PauloPerth said:

Once again it wasn't so much Sturrock going to United that was the problem it was that he had said he wasn't interested a couple of days before he joined them. As Random says if there was honesty it wouldn't really be an issue. You can't criticise someone for taking their dream job.

48 minutes ago, 7-2 said:

Once again it wasn't so much Sturrock going to United that was the problem it was that he had said he wasn't interested a couple of days before he joined them. As Random says if there was honesty it wouldn't really be an issue. You can't criticise someone for taking their dream job.

At a ‘Meet the Manager’ event at McDiarmid he was asked whether he planned a return to United eventually. Such questions can be awkward but there are standard ways to not answer them (‘I’m enjoying it here’ etc). But Sturrock answered ‘no’ in very strong terms, angry he was even being asked. ‘No interest in going back,’ he said.

I felt absolutely misled when he was pictured in a United scarf days later.

Edited by Mr Heliums

8 minutes ago, Hibeesbounce75 said:

"When a club like Hibernian come calling you don't say no. YLT" - Danny Swanson. What a boy. 

He better be fucking good. 

Has lost his place in the team to Liam Craig.

just let that sink in. 

At a ‘Meet the Manager’ event at McDiarmid he was asked whether he planned a return to United eventually. Such questions can be awkward but there are standard ways to not answer them (‘I’m enjoying it here’ etc). But Sturrock answered ‘no’ in very strong terms, angry he was even being asked. ‘No interest in going back,’ he said.

I felt absolutely misled when he was pictured in a United scarf days later.

Sturrock is and has always been an absolute c**t. If it makes you feel any better he spends his days posting on United Mad, usually on about how much he hates us. Just let that sink in.