Double Winning St Johnstone FC Thread

Tam Scobbies best moment, unquestionably, is when he stuck the winning penalty in against Luzern.

And was pretty much launched into the Saints support by Maclean to celebrate.

Say what you like about Liam Craig but 52 goals for the club from midfield more than earns him his place in the squad. Not the best player in the world but the club have enjoyed little but success since he's been here so why fix what isn't broken?

I've been fairly critical of Craig at times since his return but as Radford says you can't argue with his goal record. He's played well the last few games and has a great habit of grabbing goals at important times. He's a solid squad option that contributes defensively and fairly versatile as well.

He's one paced and one sided but we've dealt with that for about a decade.

Five goals and six assists this season, only Swanson and MacLean have contributed more.

Type of squad player you'd miss.

I'm going to be that guy again but I can't help myself.

As far as I can see it's 23 quid for a ticket to the Hearts game this week. 2 weeks ago I paid 25 quid face value to see Everton vs Hull. I paid two quid more to see Premier League football played in front of 39,000+ fans. I'll still be in attendance on Wednesday night for the big game, but it's something worth thinking about.

I would like Saints to go baws out for one weekend and offer a "pay what you can" scheme at the gate for a run of the mill game. Would be interesting to see how many would turn up.

Inverness done a "pay what you can" deal and made a loss, same with numerous lower division teams. There's no discernable benefit to it

16 minutes ago, jamamafegan said:

I'm going to be that guy again but I can't help myself.

As far as I can see it's 23 quid for a ticket to the Hearts game this week. 2 weeks ago I paid 25 quid face value to see Everton vs Hull. I paid two quid more to see Premier League football played in front of 39,000+ fans. I'll still be in attendance on Wednesday night for the big game, but it's something worth thinking about.

I would like Saints to go baws out for one weekend and offer a "pay what you can" scheme at the gate for a run of the mill game. Would be interesting to see how many would turn up.

That'll be 3 teams now. 

Which team do you care most about?

Inverness done a "pay what you can" deal and made a loss, same with numerous lower division teams. There's no discernable benefit to it

Not according to these:

http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/inverness-pay-what-you-want-scheme-hailed-success-5021860

http://m.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/25706582

It's rumoured that we've secured Mannus on a PCA.

Does that not originate from a Saints fan? I'd be wary of believing it if it is.

Regardless its a transfer that makes sense, and as disappointed as I'd be, I'd be happy to see him getting regular games again. Been a great player for us.

Mannus is the ultimate professional and a better keeper than Zander at the moment. Zander has the attributes to be a top class keeper and is better than every keeper below Saints in the league already.

Showed a clear lack of international ambition in signing a new contract here though