Double Winning St Johnstone FC Thread

Mind when the Dundee fans were telling us all of our best players would leave us this summer? 

Evidence over the last 6 weeks or so suggest they were correct. Like rats fleeing a sinking ship. :(

Brilliant news. 

Goalkeepers

Alan Mannus (2017)

Zander Clark (2020)

Mark Hurst (2018)

Defenders

Keith Watson (2018)

Richard Foster (2019)

Joe Shaughnessy (2019)

Steven Anderson (2018)

Tam Scobbie (2017)

Brian Easton (2019)

Ally Gilchrist (2018)

Liam Gordon (2019)

Aaron Comrie (2019)

Midfielders

David Wotherspoon (2019)

Craig Thomson (2018)

Michael Coulson (2018)

Blair Alston (2018)

Paul Paton (2018)

Murray Davidson (2018)

Chris Millar (2017)

Liam Craig (2017)

Danny Swanson (2017)

Strikers

Steven Maclean (2018)

Graham Cummins (2018)

Chris Kane (2018)

Greg Hurst (2018)

The current state of play. I'd suggest Mannus and Scobbie are probably goners tbh. Craig and Millar have both surpassed the appearances needed to extend their contracts, so I'd suggest that's a mere formality given their time served at the club.  The longer the Swanson saga lasts, the more likely it looks he'll be leaving us. Post-Christmas Swanson is replaceable, pre-Christmas Swanson was indispensable. I hope we can come to some kind of agreement with him, but quite happy to have Alston off the right and Wotherspoon off the left in the absence of a new signing to replace him.  

I hope we try and extend Alston's contract beyond next summer now too. He's really coming onto a game now and I don't fancy our chances of getting him to extend beyond next summer if his current form continues into next season. 

Still reckon Scobbie will be renewed later on.

Scobbie going would be fine if we replace home with Scougall, Maguire or Storey, anything else and I riot.

4 hours ago, deej said:

Zander Clark showing he has no international ambitions, as he signs a new deal to 2020. 

200.webp#5  

Good news for St. Johnstone fans, he's been very good this year.  

As for International ambition, who knows maybe Scotland will hire a manager who remembers that they still play football north of the Firth of Forth and give him a look

Like others can see scobbie and mannus leaving to free up wages. Comrie, Gordon and hurst (gk) will feature more next season from the bench and to cover. We definitely need some freshness so hopefully three or four comes in. Wonder if there is any more like Alston in the championship ?

59 minutes ago, perthsaint1977 said:

Like others can see scobbie and mannus leaving to free up wages. Comrie, Gordon and hurst (gk) will feature more next season from the bench and to cover. We definitely need some freshness so hopefully three or four comes in. Wonder if there is any more like Alston in the championship ?

Any inside knowledge involved in this or is it just your own thoughts?

3 minutes ago, perthsaint1977 said:

Wouldn't dare make any further comment on any info I get. This is just my own thoughts .

Just ignore the few attention seeking roasters, especially on WAP. You're normally spot on with your info. I'd imgine many Saints appreciate your stuff. Keep them going!

Was only thinking this!

That maybe Fraser Aird could be a target, Think he is only on a short term deal at Falkirk, Falls into the point to prove category and still young for improvement, would be an improvement on Coulson and possibly get to Swanson level.      

13 minutes ago, Center half said:

Was only thinking this!

That maybe Fraser Aird could be a target, Think he is only on a short term deal at Falkirk, Falls into the point to prove category and still young for improvement, would be an improvement on Coulson and possibly get to Swanson level.      

Aird is absolutely pish and I'd be disappointed if he signed. A right winger is our last priority just now anyway.

M'Voto from Raith seems like a plausible option if Scobbie is to leave, can't think of anyone else going out of contract down there who'd be any real use though

32 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Aird is absolutely pish and I'd be disappointed if he signed. A right winger is our last priority just now anyway.

M'Voto from Raith seems like a plausible option if Scobbie is to leave, can't think of anyone else going out of contract down there who'd be any real use though

Aird is more than a Right Winger though, he played as a Right Back for Vancouver in MLS and was very good.  He played on the wing for us last night but can play anywhere on the right hand side of the park.

Edited by senorsoupe

Just now, senorsoupe said:

Aird is more than a Right Winger though, he played as a Right Back for Vancouver in MLS and was very good.  He played on the wing for us last night but can play anywhere on the right hand side of the park.

Well yeah, but we've three right backs, and three right wingers, all signed up for next season anyway, and two of the right backs, and two of the right wingers, are easily better.

Scobbie won't be going so we can bring in another senior defender, he'll be going to create a clearer pathway for the young defenders. It may not transpire that way (as we saw with Cregg/Brown/Caddis) but I wouldn't expect any defensive arrivals this summer.

Scobbie won't be going so we can bring in another senior defender, he'll be going to create a clearer pathway for the young defenders. It may not transpire that way (as we saw with Cregg/Brown/Caddis) but I wouldn't expect any defensive arrivals this summer.

I think the two year extensions for Comrie and Gordon indicated that they will play a bigger part next season. Those two would effectively take Smiths (remember him?) and Scobbies places next year. Ideally we would have another senior centre half to push Anderson abd Shaunassey but it's probably not a priority. Scobbies had periods when he's done a turn and part of me wants him to succeed but I don't think he's good enough to start regularly. We'd be as well giving a younger player experience if we settle for that level of cover.

Be interesting to see our summer business after Wright's comments about already pursuing pre-contracts agreements.

4 minutes ago, nelsjfc said:

Be interesting to see our summer business after Wright's comments about already pursuing pre-contracts agreements.

We'll miss out on his favoured targets to bigger clubs and we'll end up with a few Cummins/Coulson type signings.

Edited by tree house tam
Stupid phone