Double Winning St Johnstone FC Thread

What a cluster f**k of a thread on WAP by the way. My source isn't from the club but a reporter with better connections than I will ever have. Think I will stop even bothering posting anymore. A quick search on twitter has other prominent saints fans saying the same about the contract situation with Danny Swanson in that he has had a good deal on the table. He hasn't signed too date. Make of that as you like.

What a cluster f**k of a thread on WAP by the way. My source isn't from the club but a reporter with better connections than I will ever have. Think I will stop even bothering posting anymore. A quick search on twitter has other prominent saints fans saying the same about the contract situation with Danny Swanson in that he has had a good deal on the table. He hasn't signed too date. Make of that as you like.

I wouldn't take any criticism of you on there personally, the guy doing it seems to follow me about on try and pick wholes on every post I make on that thread

36 minutes ago, perthsaint1977 said:

I wouldn't bother what a couple of folk on there say. They are club yes men and one is the most neausiating club sycohpant imaginable plus they just don't like this site. Keep going please. You are by far the best source of info about Saints these days!

Quite a remarkable situation this. We've got the star player who's given numerous interviews now about his contract situation, each of which he's expressed a desire to stay, a manager who wants to keep his star player and who says his demands don't fall out with the club's existing wage structure and a chairman who is saying we've made two 'very good' offers to Swanson and he's turned them both down. 

I honestly don't know what to make of all this. 

1 hour ago, Kyle said:

Quite a remarkable situation this. We've got the star player who's given numerous interviews now about his contract situation, each of which he's expressed a desire to stay, a manager who wants to keep his star player and who says his demands don't fall out with the club's existing wage structure and a chairman who is saying we've made two 'very good' offers to Swanson and he's turned them both down. 

Someone along the line isn't being very honest. I'd choose the ***.

On ‎21‎/‎02‎/‎2017 at 08:43, Kyle said:

Well you can separate some of the chaff: expressing a desire to stay is as good as meaningless, as is Tommy's backing of a player against his board at all costs. He would say what he's saying. But he only said that Swanson 'knows' of the club's wage structure. That might be semantics, might not. Tommy won't know all the details.

The only thing we know is untrue is Tommy's comment that the only demand Swanson is making is to get his career sorted. That's nonsense. Swanson was made two offers to sort his career before Christmas and turned them both down. So 'sorting his careerr' clearly isn't his only concern. There may have been reasonable financial grounds for rejecting the contract, but Tommy shouldn't be spouting nonsense in public. Will be interesting to see if the chairman responds again.

It would be nice if these things were sorted – or not sorted – behind the scenes without leaving us all as amateur Kremlinologists.

Edited by Mr Heliums