Double Winning St Johnstone FC Thread

5 minutes ago, The Real Saints said:

Could you maybe make a comparison which we all can understand? Cheers.

<<< VL

It's like being all excited for a gig/night out.

Then finding out that it's The Shrugs playing.

Aww, I kind of understand it now. It's like being excited when you receive a notification that The Saintee has responded to one of your Pie & Bovril posts, then reading what it actually says and becoming hugely offended. Then trying to think of a witty comeback for 20 minutes and eventually giving up. 

Clark

Shaughnessy   Anderson   Scobbie   Easton

Paton

Thomson   Davidson   Craig   Coulson

Kane

Edited by The Real Saints

2 minutes ago, The Real Saints said:

Aww, I kind of understand it now. It's like being excited when you receive a notification that The Saintee has responded to one of your Pie & Bovril posts, then reading what it actually says and becoming hugely offended. Then trying to think of a witty comeback for 20 minutes and eventually giving up. 

Yes.

Just like that.

Been pleasantly surprised at the largely measured reaction to last night, which was obviously a disappointment. Most folk seem accepting of Wright making the five changes (plus one positional) and realise the second half was actually a pretty good performance, as the stats show with over 20 attempts on goal and Graeme Smith making four or five very good saves. I admit to being worried in the spring about how things were going but the club seems in a pretty good place right now, although we definitely need another striker.

Mind you, I haven't had a look at the St Johnstone banter page on Facebook...

1 minute ago, The Real Saints said:

A Saints fan on Facebook is complaining about the mascot's name because she didn't grow up in Perth and players from the old days 'mean nothing' to her. That's really just your own problem to deal with, love.

Should probably note her surname before you repeat this on WAP...

Women say lots of things. If TRS wasn't such a great big VL who is scared of Dundee based fitba fans and holidays in Lanarkshire he'd know that [emoji6]

It wasn't really a complaint either I don't think. I actually agree with the suggestions made of doing something like polling Super Js members or something similar to come up with a name. John Brogan was clearly a Saints great but that was before I was born, and your average fan of the age to be having kids who will be growing up with the new mascot won't remember him either.

I'd have named it after George o'Boyle personally. Sniffer the Wonderdog has a real ring to it.

*Runs from libel case*

1 hour ago, Jamie_Beatson said:

Women say lots of things. If TRS wasn't such a great big VL who is scared of Dundee based fitba fans and holidays in Lanarkshire he'd know that emoji6.png

It wasn't really a complaint either I don't think. I actually agree with the suggestions made of doing something like polling Super Js members or something similar to come up with a name. John Brogan was clearly a Saints great but that was before I was born, and your average fan of the age to be having kids who will be growing up with the new mascot won't remember him either.

I'd have named it after George o'Boyle personally. Sniffer the Wonderdog has a real ring to it.

*Runs from libel case*

I have no real issue with the suggestion of a Super Js poll. Having said that, children are generally very stupid. In fact, they are statistically less intelligent than an average man/woman. What kind of names would they suggest? I shudder to think. 

I feel that the club has already catered to young Saints fans. Brogan's quite a cute-looking mascot, considerably less beastly than Super Saint. I don't believe that children will care too much about the mascot's name. They will surely be more interested in the 'character' of Brogan and the way he looks. Indeed, his name may even encourage them to learn more about their club's history.

I wasn't alive when John Brogan was playing for St. Johnstone. I wasn't alive when the Beatles released songs. But I know who the Beatles are. Likewise, I know who John Brogan is. John may be a Saints player from the distant past, but he still holds the current record for club goals. His legacy still holds firm. He remains as relevant as ever. I wonder if Manchester United supporters who hadn't seen George Best would state their displeasure (for that reason) if a mascot was named after him.

Saints had a choice to make. Name it after a more recent player from the last 10-20 years? Nah, I don't think so. Maybe in 50 years' time. Until that day arrives, it's probably a bit tacky. Name it a suitable name beginning with S (e.g. Sammy the Saintee)? Nah.

In short, I'm satisfied with the mascot's name and I don't think the kiddies will bat an eyelid. In terms of the mascot himself, I think he lacks individuality. But anything's better than the obese embarrassment named Super Saint.

In short, I'm satisfied with the mascot's name and I don't think the kiddies will bat an eyelid. In terms of the mascot himself, I think he lacks individuality. But anything's better than the obese embarrassment named Super Saint.
L

So not named after George o'Boyle then?

[emoji6]