The mad competitive West Super Division One thread 2016-2017

glensmad

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

3 games left, 2 home 1 away, 9 points and at least 6 goals required and we stay up.....Simples!!!! :thumsup2

It's only five goals of a difference to make up, as you've already scored more goals than Greenock.

With two games against the bottom team, and one at home against another already relegated side who are travelling a distance (and possibly midweek), I reckon Yoker still have a very good chance of staying up.

It's only five goals of a difference to make up, as you've already scored more goals than Greenock.

With two games against the bottom team, and one at home against another already relegated side who are travelling a distance (and possibly midweek), I reckon Yoker still have a very good chance of staying up.

Maybole away Saturday, Maybole home Monday, AWR home Wednesday

Maybole away Saturday, Maybole home Monday, AWR home Wednesday

Two midweek home games against already relegated teams who are travelling a distance, and one of them on a bank holiday. The key to Yoker's survival is this Saturday away to Maybole, win that and they will have a great chance.

After tonight's scores Peter looks like you can add The Bankies to the list of teams for this league next season ! 😢

Not till it's official, Cumnock could fail to win their last two matches, or we could beat Kilwinning by ten goals. ;-)

Shotts will be under new management after they announced that Tam MacDonald will be leaving.

Greenock have Stevie Mooney back as boss with Stevie Dallas as assistant in his first coaching role in the Juniors.

They will be playing against harder opposition in this league. Some of the teams they play in that league are honking.

Yes, but several teams have come up from the District Leagues and gone straight up again, and I don't recall them being unbeaten in their District League seasons.

Girvan will likely be a contender, you don't go through a whole season undefeated in the league unless you're a right good side.

Most of their side are ex Maybole players that finished 4th twice in the Super 1st. I suppose you only have to look at the capitulation of Maybole this season after they all left for Girvan.

I do agree with Cha Tinney though half the teams in the ADL are well below average sir ;).

The Ayrshire District League 2016-17 thread was started before this one. ;-)[/quote

1) I can't see an ADL 2016/17 thread

2) At least they know who's playing in it

3) By that logic WW2 was fine because WW1 was first

4) I was only kidding anyway

Archived