The mad competitive West Super Division One thread 2016-2017

glensmad

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On ‎25‎/‎10‎/‎2016 at 16:24, glensmad said:

Saturday's fixtures :-

Cumbernauld United (4th) v Irvine Meadow XI (8th)

Irvine Victoria (13th) v Girvan (9th)

Kilsyth Rangers (1st) v Rutherglen Glencairn (10th)

Maryhill (12th) v Renfrew (14th)

Petershill (5th)v Blantyre Victoria (6th)

Yoker Athletic (7th) v Shettleston (2nd)

Your thoughts ?

Cumbernauld

Girvan

Draw

Draw

Draw

Yoker......a three game losing streak has to end sometime lol

Kilsyth rangers 2 Glencairn 2
To be honest, am glad of a point, Glens were better team in my opinion, in saying that we gave them there two goals, bizarre o.g and complete lack of concentration for there 2nd, goal straight from kick off after equaliser? Come on!!! We could have stole it in the end, but would have been very harsh on Glens for there performance, Glens 3 and 11(who I thought was best man on pitch) impressed me.

Cumbernauld United 0-3 Irvine Meadow

Delighted to come away from Cumbernauld with 3 points and a clean sheet. Very heavy pitch but good finishing and brilliant defending got us there in the end. Tough call between Boyd and Begley for MOTM

Probably been mentioned on p&b before but today at duncansfield quite a lot of food would have went to waste because no one from the opposing team decided to take up the hospitality on offer, one player came up and bought juice and grabbed a sausage roll and left, is this a regular occurrence with glencairn at away games? Poor show in my opinion 

5 hours ago, Krfc 10 said:

Probably been mentioned on p&b before but today at duncansfield quite a lot of food would have went to waste because no one from the opposing team decided to take up the hospitality on offer, one player came up and bought juice and grabbed a sausage roll and left, is this a regular occurrence with glencairn at away games? Poor show in my opinion 

I can assure you that it is not a common occurance and I am surprised to hear this as our boys do normally go up, and we as a committee try to make sure they do so. I don't know the circumstances about how it was communicated to the players today, as I was away almost immediately after the final whistle as I had an urgent appointment, but please accept my apologies on behalf of the club on this occasion.

Yoker 3 Shettleston 4

Should have been well out of sight after going 2-0 up in the 1st half..very much on top but wasted several chances to go further ahead . .....Welsh missing a few,but gave a man of the match performance with his involvement in all the the Town goals....

Great footage of the glencairn game again. Watched a few games this season and always entertaining. Play some great stuff at times but keeping a clean sheet seems to be a problem. Sort that out and they will be there or there abouts come the end of the season. 1st goal they conceded is criminal 70 yard pick out from the keeper(great ping) full back sleeping striker peels off the back for a free header that is schoolboy at best surely.

8 hours ago, kilsyth ranger said:

Kilsyth rangers 2 Glencairn 2
To be honest, am glad of a point, Glens were better team in my opinion, in saying that we gave them there two goals, bizarre o.g and complete lack of concentration for there 2nd, goal straight from kick off after equaliser? Come on!!! We could have stole it in the end, but would have been very harsh on Glens for there performance, Glens 3 and 11(who I thought was best man on pitch) impressed me.

Number 11 jay Mckay cracking wee player , not the biggest but great heart anytime av seen him he puts in a tireless shift.

4 minutes ago, kilsyth ranger said:

Hardy wee bit a stuff disco right enough!

Definitely good in the air for a wee guy as well. Number 10 for Kilsyth looks very tidy on the ball when he could get involved today. Thought it was a great game of football. Ref had a poor game as well I thought blew for some fouls that wouldn't have even been a foul in basketball.

2 minutes ago, rutherglen glencairn said:

We  have a fantastic squad of players. Very committed, and in my opinion the best since Willie Harvey became manager. It's not quite happening yet, but if we can keep them together it will, and despite this seasons results the supporters are encouraged by what  they are seeing.

Would agree with you in that it's a good squad of players there without doubt. On the few times I've seen glencairn they play great football. They work a lot harder for their goals than the ones they give away though that's for sure. Cut out the sloppy mistakes and think they are genuine promotion contenders.

Archived