The mad competitive West Super Division One thread 2016-2017

glensmad

By your same logic it should be fine then for Glasgow teams to come down to Girvan midweek. So both renfrew and girvan have no game next wed, so it makes sense to play it  then.

Yes!

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I also think it's unfair that they were given a 7.30pm kick off last night when we had to rush to the same venue for a 6.45pm kick off a couple of weeks ago. Some of our players were traveling just as far as the Girvan players.

Awwwwww didums!!! :(

I also think it's unfair that they were given a 7.30pm kick off last night when we had to rush to the same venue for a 6.45pm kick off a couple of weeks ago. Some of our players were traveling just as far as the Girvan players.

You won didn't u[emoji1]

We would have had no objection to that, we could easily have put the lights on that night, we had players not making it from work in Rosyth that who would've played. Not entirely sure why it wasn't requested.

1 hour ago, Budandavodka said:

We would have had no objection to that, we could easily have put the lights on that night, we had players not making it from work in Rosyth that who would've played. Not entirely sure why it wasn't requested.

Was the option offered ?

I think the question was asked by the powers at be whether lights could be utilised if required, turns out they weren't.

We said yes no problem, we were just happy to get another midweek fixture.

If asked we wouldn't have had an issue for the Glencairn game as well.

7.30 kick off when possible is just common sense (especially when it involves travel to or from Girvan), something you don't see a lot of.

My big issue with the fixtures is Kilsyth play their last game on a week on Saturday. Good chance having gathered enough points to win the league, but in the end they leave the park not knowing and with no presentation as they need to wait on Girvan results (not Girvan' s fault). Everyone at the club works their baws off for 10 months and you end up winning the league on a Wednesday night on the couch and a trophy presentation during a league cup game against the pace. This may be the case for Clydebank as well.

15 minutes ago, Budandavodka said:

If asked we wouldn't have had an issue for the Glencairn game as well.

I've no doubt about that, but my point was that you said you were surprised the question wasn't asked as it would have helped you get players available that were travelling a distance. But as far as I am aware the question wasn't asked by either side, it didn't need to be us asking. We were happy to play at 6.45pm although it was an almighty rush to get there through the city centre traffic, and one of our players missed the kick off.

My question really was towards the game with Girvan last night, and whether the kick off time was dictated by the authorities or whether it was mutually agreed between the clubs. If the authorities are helping Girvan get players available by dictating a later kick off because lights are available, then surely that courtesy should apply to all teams, Maryhill included, as you say it would have helped you get players available for the game v Glencairn two weeks ago.

I've no doubt about that, but my point was that you said you were surprised the question wasn't asked as it would have helped you get players available that were travelling a distance. But as far as I am aware the question wasn't asked by either side, it didn't need to be us asking. We were happy to play at 6.45pm although it was an almighty rush to get there through the city centre traffic, and one of our players missed the kick off.
My question really was towards the game with Girvan last night, and whether the kick off time was dictated by the authorities or whether it was mutually agreed between the clubs. If the authorities are helping Girvan get players available by dictating a later kick off because lights are available, then surely that courtesy should apply to all teams, Maryhill included, as you say it would have helped you get players available for the game v Glencairn two weeks ago.

The authorities decided the kick off last night. Do you think players from Girvan want to be getting in the house at 11:30pm after leaving at 4pm for a game in Glasgow.

What's your problem with Girvan anyway?

3 minutes ago, ash said:

7.30 kick off when possible is just common sense (especially when it involves travel to or from Girvan), something you don't see a lot of.

My big issue with the fixtures is Kilsyth play their last game on a week on Saturday. Good chance having gathered enough points to win the league, but in the end they leave the park not knowing and with no presentation as they need to wait on Girvan results (not Girvan' s fault). Everyone at the club works their baws off for 10 months and you end up winning the league on a Wednesday night on the couch and a trophy presentation during a league cup game against the pace. This may be the case for Clydebank as well.

A similar scenario for Glencairn. If we were to be fortunate enough to win on Saturday, we could be ending our league season sitting on top of the league table, but not knowing if our season is over or not. We could end up in the play-offs, but with the current fixtures allocation we won't know that for a few weeks, so do we keep our players training ?

2 minutes ago, Reidy7 said:

The authorities decided the kick off last night. Do you think players from Girvan want to be getting in the house at 11:30pm after leaving at 4pm for a game in Glasgow.

What's your problem with Girvan anyway?

I have no problem with Girvan whatsoever, I just think it should be a level playing field. If you guys are given more time by the authorities to get to venues under lights, then all teams should.

To be honest I'm not sure if authorities at be dictated or asked if we could accommodate lights if required for 7.30pm KO last night.

Bottom line for us was we were happy to play game at 7.30pm.

100% get your point made in last post though.

To our dismay we were given a 6.30pm KO at Shotts few weeks back where it was a nightmare getting to in time with roadworks at chapelhall etc.... thankfully like you guys we got a deserved win that night in question.

I have no problem with Girvan whatsoever, I just think it should be a level playing field. If you guys are given more time by the authorities to get to venues under lights, then all teams should.

That works both ways with Glasgow teams traveling down to Girvan midweek. We just want a level playing field also.

After 20th Kilsyth ( having played 4 or 5 midweek games ), Rutherglen, Shettleston and Bankies will all have finished their fixtures. Petershill and Girvan will have 2 games left and Meadow 1 game. I know there are cup games to consider but specifically it means that Girvan will - if things go to plan for them - know exactly what they need to do to finish in top 3 and likely win the league. It was similar to Cumnock last year. I'm not blaming Girvan for this but with no midweek games scheduled for them next week it's nor a fair and level playing field. 

So we played 6 league games in April, leaving us 4 to play at the start of May. With the fixtures that are posted online we'll be 3 weeks into the month and will have played just one of them.

After 20th Kilsyth ( having played 4 or 5 midweek games ), Rutherglen, Shettleston and Bankies will all have finished their fixtures. Petershill and Girvan will have 2 games left and Meadow 1 game. I know there are cup games to consider but specifically it means that Girvan will - if things go to plan for them - know exactly what they need to do to finish in top 3 and likely win the league. It was similar to Cumnock last year. I'm not blaming Girvan for this but with no midweek games scheduled for them next week it's nor a fair and level playing field. 

I agree , that week when we played sat, mon, wed an sat again killed us , av no complaints about our defeat to clydebank on the 1st sat but then the mon v cumbernauld 3 of our back 4 were missing due 2 work commitments , wed v yoker short again , and then weren't at our best on the sat v ironically girvan .
3 pts from 4 games during that spell , picked up more injuries along the way aswell , then other teams hardly playing midweek ie; girvan ? And funny enough the team with most games to catch up on ?

1 hour ago, peasy23 said:

So we played 6 league games in April, leaving us 4 to play at the start of May. With the fixtures that are posted online we'll be 3 weeks into the month and will have played just one of them.

Sat 20th May. Clydebank v Shettleston listed at Holm Park, both clubs last fixture yet Yoker v Peasy who'll both have 2 league games to go and potentially still in Central Cup are idle....???

Archived