The mad competitive West Super Division One thread 2016-2017

glensmad

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, glensmad said:

Enormous result for Glencairn today, considering the other results. This is getting "interesting" now. emoji16.png

You must be a wee bit excited now by far the best team we have played this season just need to look at they draws though. Best form in the league just now just wonder if it's maybe came to late 

42 minutes ago, MrAnoymous said:

You must be a wee bit excited now by far the best team we have played this season just need to look at they draws though. Best form in the league just now just wonder if it's maybe came to late 

I said earlier in the season about how the draws were killing us, but 8 wins out of 9 games has given us a chance. The one game of that 9 we didn't win was at home to Shettleston, who we battered 0-1, the Shettleston fans openly admitted that was a mugging that day.

We'll continue to take it one game at a time and see where it takes us. We're still odds against going up, but we're giving it our best shot so far. Our focus is now on Maryhill on Wednesday night, and no further than that.

21 minutes ago, Kilbowie's Finest said:

Thought Clydebank made themselves look good today but can understand where you are coming from !!

Made an arse of my last post so deleted lol, i can totally understand, first defeat at duncansfield all season so not too bad, but we never gave you a game the day

Ach lets not pretend that your fans werent giving it big licks at places too. Listen its unsegregated football, of course youre gonna hear things that wind you up it happens, at the end of the day you guys had one game out of form, try and not get too negative about it and just focus on the fact youre still top rather than worry about something someones said.

Putting in perspective, your right, congrats on your win

Best we have played all season.It reminded me of the Cumnock game at lugar last season, totally dominated and every player was up for it from the first whistle. If we win the rest of our games it will be interesting to see where we finish.

Kilsyth under pressure now with the games coming thick and fast for them. Other teams at the top losing, a good day all round for us.

29 minutes ago, F_T_Y said:

Best we have played all season.It reminded me of the Cumnock game at lugar last season, totally dominated and every player was up for it from the first whistle. If we win the rest of our games it will be interesting to see where we finish.

Kilsyth under pressure now with the games coming thick and fast for them. Other teams at the top losing, a good day all round for us.

Agreed, best you have played all season, worst we have played all season, there was only ever going to be one outcome when that happens

How's Glens' chances of grabbing a promotion/play-off place,lookin' now glensmad? Still in with a shout?

Unquestionably, but we need a few more results to go our way as well as us keeping winning.

Games coming thick and fast now. Monday night's matches :-

Blantyre Victoria (13th) v Shotts Bon Accord (11th)
Cumbernauld United (10th) v Kilsyth Rangers (1st)
Irvine Meadow XI (7th) v Renfrew (8th)
Shettleston (3rd) v Maryhill (12th)

Your thoughts ?

Archived