The mad competitive West Super Division One thread 2016-2017

glensmad

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
11 hours ago, glensmad said:

I surprised, as we'd played at Girvan the week before and I just didn't see that sort of result coming against the league leaders.

Strange thing is how we are near the top with the performances to date.. and that go's away back till the start..I remember you commenting on your game against us earlier in season ...its been very much the same as that match..backs to the wall but points picked up with some luck and fight...

Strange thing is how we are near the top with the performances to date.. and that go's away back till the start..I remember you commenting on your game against us earlier in season ...its been very much the same as that match..backs to the wall but points picked up with some luck and fight...

And Weatherson's goals. He must be a huge miss for you.

2 hours ago, Reidy7 said:

They're in contention now judging by the table.

Of course they are, very much so, but what I mean is that two away wins against teams currently above them would very much put them in the driving seat for promotion.

Can any of the Petershill supporters on here confirm what size of away support they reckon they'll bring to Duncansfield this Saturday?? Big game n that!!

Might be a big game but we don't have a big support these days, especially in the middle of winter when a lot of older guys will give it a miss. 60-70 at a push.

9 minutes ago, peasy23 said:

Might be a big game but we don't have a big support these days, especially in the middle of winter when a lot of older guys will give it a miss. 60-70 at a push.

That's a shame!! Thought you guys might have had quite a large traveling support for this one!! I was wrong!!

Well hopefully we'll have a decent sized home support and make a good wee atmosphere for the game. 

This may seem a futile exercise given this morning's weather and the awful forecast for Friday night through to Saturday afternoon, but here are this weekend's fixtures :-

Blantyre Victoria (!1th) v Renfrew (8th)

Clydebank (3rd) v Shettleston (2nd)

Cumbernauld United (10th) v Rutherglen Glencairn (7th)

Irvine Victoria (14th) v Irvine Meadow XI (6th)

Kilsyth Rangers (1st) v Petershill (5th)

Shotts Bon Accord (12th) v Yoker Athletic (9th)

Your thoughts ?

54 minutes ago, glensmad said:

This may seem a futile exercise given this morning's weather and the awful forecast for Friday night through to Saturday afternoon, but here are this weekend's fixtures :-

Blantyre Victoria (!1th) v Renfrew (8th)

Clydebank (3rd) v Shettleston (2nd)

Cumbernauld United (10th) v Rutherglen Glencairn (7th)

Irvine Victoria (14th) v Irvine Meadow XI (6th)

Kilsyth Rangers (1st) v Petershill (5th)

Shotts Bon Accord (12th) v Yoker Athletic (9th)

Your thoughts ?

Off

Off

Off

Off

Draw

Off

Kilsyth and Petershill haven't played at all yet so if weather puts Duncansfield off then fixture could be switched to Springburn on artificial surface in theory. Although maybe Rossvale are at home and it's maybe too short notice anyway?

eta: Rossvale at home so cancel that idea!

36 minutes ago, Kelvin Valley said:

Kilsyth and Petershill haven't played at all yet so if weather puts Duncansfield off then fixture could be switched to Springburn on artificial surface in theory. Although maybe Rossvale are at home and it's maybe too short notice anyway?

eta: Rossvale at home so cancel that idea!

Could the host club (Petershill) not overrule this as Petershill are the main tenants, council facility or not?? 

28 minutes ago, Krfc 10 said:

Rossvale have a scheduled home game, take it your havin a laugh saying they just chuck rossvale out for a week to accomadate their own game

Lol, obviously having a laugh! But would be hilarious the havoc it would cause to Rossvale :lol: 

Won't be long and their own ground will be up and running and Peasy wouldn't have to ask anyone to move aside

Archived