The mad competitive West Super Division One thread 2016-2017

glensmad

Great result today for us. Swept aside a very poor Shotts team who already look relegated, on today's performance. 

The boys got about them from the word go and there was very little time for the Shotts team to get in to the game. Goals a plenty again. Some of real quality too, cementing our place in pole position at the top of the league again. 

That sets us up nicely for a huge game next week at Duncansfield against Petershill. Looking forward to it already!

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On current form I wouldn't be giving up hope. Just keep winning and you never know ??

We've only lost 4 games, the same number as Girvan and 2 less than Clydebank. It's the 7 draws which have hampered our promotion hopes, but we're still trying.

5 minutes ago, glensmad said:

We've only lost 4 games, the same number as Girvan and 2 less than Clydebank. It's the 7 draws which have hampered our promotion hopes, but we're still trying.

5 minutes ago, glensmad said:

Great result for you today,Glensmad! I had a feeling that they'd get one over on Bankies.Glad I doubled Glens up with Buffs on my coupon! :thumsup2

Hard to argue too much with that, you soaked up the pressure well and hit us on the counter well. We should have changed up the predictable crosses very early on and played to Joels feet. Well done again on your win.

I'm either getting better at this match report malarkey or the Bankies fans are mellowing. You guys normally give me pelters for my reports. [emoji23]

Out played and out fought yesterday, too many passengers in the squad with no heart for a fight.

Need to just keep ticking along until the summer and hopefully the management team can bring in their own players. At least 3 new centre backs and a striker needed most.

57 minutes ago, kilsyth ranger said:

Must give some credit to the guy who films the games for the glens , a think his name is Gerry ?
Always great views on all the games he does .

I'll echo that. I know the amount of time that Gerry puts into his work and how much attention he pays to getting things right. The highlights are always a true reflection of the match, he never tries to sugar-coat it for Glencairn purposes, and the quality of his end product is there for everybody to see.

I'll echo that. I know the amount of time that Gerry puts into his work and how much attention he pays to getting things right. The highlights are always a true reflection of the match, he never tries to sugar-coat it for Glencairn purposes, and the quality of his end product is there for everybody to see.

Unike you!

12 hours ago, glensmad said:

I have to say I was a little surprised to see the Girvan v Shettleston result yesterday. Not the fact that Girvan won, but by such a margin. Was anybody on here at the game ?

The worst performance I have ever witnessed from a Town team..in truth it has been was coming after recent displays. ..Girvan will feel disappointed not to have got double figures....

The worst performance I have ever witnessed from a Town team..in truth it has been was coming after recent displays. ..Girvan will feel disappointed not to have got double figures....

I surprised, as we'd played at Girvan the week before and I just didn't see that sort of result coming against the league leaders.

Archived