The mad competitive West Super Division One thread 2016-2017

glensmad

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Am expecting a much tougher game this coming Saturday Peter than the 3-0 win over them at duncansfield, to be honest medda supporters would admit they were very poor that day, but to be fair to them it was the start of the season and I don't think they'd quiete clicked together yet having a brand new squad of players , and theve picked up some good points since then , so as usual with this league a hard game awaits, although think ad be better working, as I missed last Saturday an we won 7-0, think there trying to tell me something? Lol [emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

19 hours ago, kilsyth ranger said:

Am expecting a much tougher game this coming Saturday Peter than the 3-0 win over them at duncansfield, to be honest medda supporters would admit they were very poor that day, but to be fair to them it was the start of the season and I don't think they'd quiete clicked together yet having a brand new squad of players , and theve picked up some good points since then , so as usual with this league a hard game awaits, although think ad be better working, as I missed last Saturday an we won 7-0, think there trying to tell me something? Lol emoji23.pngemoji23.pngemoji23.png

Don't think we were worried about survival as per earlier post. I will admit I was hoping for consolidating our position rather than looking for immediate promotion. Unfortunately I have to admit that some fans expectations far outweigh the position we found ourselves in at the end of last season. 

Spot on with the comment that we have gone about our business quietly and the squad are looking to be gelling nicely. It has to be remembered that this is a completely new squad who were quite literally put together in weeks rather than months. A big congrats have to go to Gareth, Neil and Michael for assembling a decent bunch of players.

One other aspect is the attitude shown by the players as well. There was a feeling from last seasons squad that even as early as November / December they were going through the motions.

However anybody who was at the Meadow, Maryhill game couldn't fail to see the desire to get a result and not only that, even after we equalized we went chasing a winner. It wasn't a great game but the attitude and desire more than made up for that. 

I'm reasonably happy with what we've done so far. We're in mid table, but only four points behind 3rd place, although Kilsyth and Shettleston are setting an impressive pace in the top two.

Six of our eight games so far have been against teams who are currently in the top half of the table, and we face another one on Saturday.

We've only lost two of those eight, with four frustrating draws and two wins. Three of the draws were away from home to three of the current top four, and we were unfortunate to win all three games in my opinion (others will argue, but that's not unusual. :) )

There's a long way to go however.

Its about 3 years later but I understand the surface at Petershill is due to be replaced from this weekend. Rossvale are moving to Ashfield whilst the work is carried out, anyone know where Petershill are playing?

2 hours ago, drs said:

Its about 3 years later but I understand the surface at Petershill is due to be replaced from this weekend. Rossvale are moving to Ashfield whilst the work is carried out, anyone know where Petershill are playing?

We are trying to get the date put back a week to allow us to play Carnoustie Panmure at home in the Scottish, and also for a major youth football event that was booked for the 20th before the date of the works was sprung on everyone, including the staff that work in the complex. If it's not delayed then we will in all likelihood play Carnoustie at Benburb. As far as the league goes after that, after Saturday we will have played 5 home and 3 away so should be due a couple of away games anyway, so we will be making a request to play away from home while the works are ongoing, and they should be finished by Christmas if all goes to plan. That would mean that from the 26th onwards there would only be 4 Saturdays between then and the Christmas break, and if the West 2nd Round is played in December like it has been in recent years then we would play 3 away games at most in the league. If the works carry on after that then I would accept that we would probably have to make alternative arrangements.

Some unexpected results in our league today, with Kilsyth and Shettleston both losing. Wins for Clydebank and Irvine Meadow means that only one point separates the top four, with Petershill having a game in hand in 5th which (if they win) would take them to just a point off the top as well. Girvan's games in hand would take them top as well.

Highlights of Glencairn v Clydebank

Deserved 3 points in the end. Glens have a couple of decent players was really impressed with the 11 mckay and 10 dunno his name. The officials yesterday were honking for both teams n we seem 2 got a bit if luck with our winner tbh. The sending off was a good call 2 or 3 glens players could've walked for there tackles on shelvey (number 11) overall happy way the 3 points but not a convincing win.

Mon the papers

Having watched the highlights don't think that was a penalty for Glencairn with the alleged handball - but don't think ours was a penalty either - initial challenge on Young clearly outside the area.

As for the red card - hard to tell from that angle - I presume the referee feels Docherty has gone in over the ball or both feet off the ground?

Good 3 points yesterday - very tough place to visit and Glens playing well at present. Bankies light on numbers just now and a few walking wounded as well - delighted and relieved to get the victory .

Thoughts would be interesting on the offside given against Fraser Team early in the game when the video clearly shows it was a passback. Team fired the ball into the net. That's five debatable decisions yesterday, and every one of them went against us.

Clearly not offside but everybody then stops but a good chance

penalty for you would be harsh as he's on the ground and had it fired at him but I'd be aggrieved if I were you

foul on young starts outside and continues inside box ... it's actually several fouls

I thought it was a red on Docherty at the time 

what was the other one ?

we had all the better chances Peter ... but you did well esp when down to 10 men. Lots of teams will come a cropper at your place 

Bill, the other one was we suspected Little was offside for the winning goal, and the fact that a foul was given in the first place leading to the goal, when there was no contact. The video isn't clear on that. I'm not disputing the red card, but I am disputing the referee's right to bring play back for the foul after playing advantage and then Clydebank missing the shot at goal that they got from the advantage.

But hey, it's done. We move on.

Red card was coming from minute one given the amount of over the ball late challenges that Glencairn were putting in.

Penalty claim for Glencairn just wasn't,debatable whether it even hit an arm anyway.

Bankies pen was a foul which started outside the box but was still continuing in the box.

Nicky Little is clearly onside when the shot from Paterson was struck.

The team that created the most and better chances won the game.

Next.

Archived