Boxing Thread

Meth Damon

Any rumours about who Tyson Fury is fighting in his comeback? Read somewhere that Gary Cornish is being talked about - he was sparring Povetkin in the run-up to Price fight.

ETA - Sefer Seferi is favourite for the comeback - http://metro.co.uk/2018/04/17/odds-tyson-furys-next-fight-now-make-sefer-seferi-favourite-7474045/

Also, Anthony Joshua was in my work this doing a meet and greet/Q&A which I managed to go to. He was a top man, really polite and funny, answered everyone’s questions and posed for photos no bother.

Any rumours about who Tyson Fury is fighting in his comeback? Read somewhere that Gary Cornish is being talked about - he was sparring Povetkin in the run-up to Price fight.

ETA - Sefer Seferi is favourite for the comeback - http://metro.co.uk/2018/04/17/odds-tyson-furys-next-fight-now-make-sefer-seferi-favourite-7474045/

Also, Anthony Joshua was in my work this doing a meet and greet/Q&A which I managed to go to. He was a top man, really polite and funny, answered everyone’s questions and posed for photos no bother.

Brezeale or Ustinov apparently.
http://www.boxingnewsonline.net/tyson-fury-next-opponent/
Can’t remember which, but on a podcast recently they were talking up the idea of Briggs for the comeback fight.

Ustinov's never had a fight since Jason & the Argonauts.

Hopefully that doesn’t change soon.
The candidates for the comeback fight leave a lot to be desired but understandable after the layoff

Fair enough, although I would also enjoy Khan getting KTFO - is that likely?
Stuck 3 notes on it at 12s so I do hope so. Lo Greco has been 12 with Porter and fought Spence at short notice. The boy has been busy, Khan hasnt.

We live in hope!

Last time I backed against Khan was a certain Breidis Prescott......

1 minute ago, Bairnardo said:

Stuck 3 notes on it at 12s so I do hope so. Lo Greco has been 12 with Porter and fought Spence at short notice. The boy has been busy, Khan hasnt.

We live in hope!

Last time I backed against Khan was a certain Breidis Prescott......

I'll record that then and avoid the result!

Beautiful straight right from Coyle for the knockdown before finishing Dodd after the count. Was kind of hoping that one could be like a shite British Gatti v Ward as their styles should have meshed well for a war, but never really ignited like I’d hoped it might.

Lo Greco is obviously a journeyman who no one expected to win, but that was ridiculous hand speed from Khan. There’ll need to be a significant step up if he’s going to fight the elite, but if he’s focussed then there’s absolutely no reason he can’t get and win the big fights again.

I’ve always fancied him for the Brook fight and I’d fully expect him to win it at welterweight or light middle.