Boxing Thread

Meth Damon

4 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

The balls on David Price taking it though, after being absolutely blasted, twice, by an old Tony Thomson when Price was fighting regularly and in his (limited) prime. 

This will be a destruction on a rarely seen scale.

I was going to say that actually - fair play to Price.  Maybe he's looking for a last decent payday before retiring.  

I do think that if you are a heavyweight who isn't at the top level and you've been sparked a few times then you should pack it in.  It's not going to be good getting lumped about by big guys and not achieving much.

1 minute ago, Bairnardo said:

I wonder how good a payday it is though... Povetkin is one of those guys who has never been a huge draw outside Russia, and is good enough to merit avoiding him on that basis. Add the drugs ban to that, he isn't what he should be in terms of the division on a world scale. He would give AJ a hell of a time IMO, and would knock Wilder the f**k out.

It'll be a better payday than any other fight he could get now, unless he fought David Haye or something like that.

if Price pulls out a win then he'll probably end up fighting Joshua, that will make this thread a fun read :lol: 

Credit to both for taking the fight. Price could well get a pummelling but he’s got the bottle to accept that and take the fight. Povetkin has nothing to gain except a wee bit more UK exposure, can’t be a massive payday coming to fight Price on an undercard and if he loses it’s pretty much game over.

1 minute ago, gkneil said:

Povetkin and Price, deary me.

Fury calling out Briggs on twitter and now Antonio Tarver has popped up on the thread wanting Fury, deary me

Heavyweight boxing, deary me

To be honest I'm all for Fury v Briggs as a return fight for Tyson Fury, entertaining build, a reasonably straightforward 'comeback' and a payday for Briggs. Tarver can get fucked.

I am not all for the televised manslaughter of David Price, though. Actually hope for Price's sake that the fight ends early, as if it goes even in to the middle rounds he'll have likely taken a pretty sustained beating which will do his future health no favours. Hope he's getting a big pay day and can cash out.

I was going to say that actually - fair play to Price.  Maybe he's looking for a last decent payday before retiring.  
I do think that if you are a heavyweight who isn't at the top level and you've been sparked a few times then you should pack it in.  It's not going to be good getting lumped about by big guys and not achieving much.

Far more dangerous for the Wee guys taking multiple blows to the head and a series of minior injuries to the brain without losing consciousness, often whilst weight drained. Heavies are generally lights out or stopped after a couple of Big blows so its actually safer in the long run.

I don’t even know who KSI is. Seen stuff about Joe Weller he comes accross like a bit of a fanny. 
This a charity thing or is there a reason they are fighting ?
Allegedly they don't like each other. But I doubt it as all of YouTube beef is fake. KSI challenged Joe after Joe beat a diddy in the gym.
KSI just demolished him.

Cheeseman wins wide against Carson Jones. Didn't see it 100-89 wide, but Jones weighed in 4lbs overweight & not in top condition IMO. Shame, but a decent name on the record, for a guy who doesn't have the power to go to the top level.

Cheeseman wins wide against Carson Jones. Didn't see it 100-89 wide, but Jones weighed in 4lbs overweight & not in top condition IMO. Shame, but a decent name on the record, for a guy who doesn't have the power to go to the top level.

A very long ten rounds. Cheeseman “showboating” was pretty cringey imo but fair fucks to him, probably turn out to be his best win.