Boxing Thread

Meth Damon

7 hours ago, Cowshed Chris said:

Was just on the little known Eric Walker's boxrec page (one of Mayweather's fighters) and notice he's banned indefinitely.  Can't find anything, anyone able to find what he's banned for? I saw him defeat Chris Pearson in Vegas and thought he'd go on to bigger or better things.

http://boxrec.com/en/boxer/671585

This came up last week when someone noticed Wilder was down as being banned on boxrec, boy on Twitter who works for them said this..

Screenshot_20180528-212629.thumb.png.2b27125070a3926eb042c9e93b2ad629.png

Probably a similar situation

WBSS Super middleweight final will take place later in the summer, allowing Groves enough time to overcome his shoulder injury.

Would have made a farce of the tournament, had Groves been replaced by Eubank or anyone else.

I think Groves will win this comfortably.

15 hours ago, Oleksandr said:

This came up last week when someone noticed Wilder was down as being banned on boxrec, boy on Twitter who works for them said this..

Screenshot_20180528-212629.thumb.png.2b27125070a3926eb042c9e93b2ad629.png

Probably a similar situation

Ah, that could make sense - cheers. For anyone with a spare half hour, the Walker vs. Pearson fight is well worth a watch. Unbelievable fight, most enjoyable fight I've been to by a distance.

WBSS Super middleweight final will take place later in the summer, allowing Groves enough time to overcome his shoulder injury.

Would have made a farce of the tournament, had Groves been replaced by Eubank or anyone else.

I think Groves will win this comfortably.

Think groves wins maybe by a split decision. I think Smith is very under rated and will provide groves with a much tougher match than eubank did.

TBF that wouldn't be difficult...
This fight will show what level Smith can reach tbh. I reckon he's the real deal but wether he's going to be a gatekeep for world level fighters or a genuine world champion remains to be seen.

There’s absolutely no chance you can make an argument that Callum Smith is underrated. He’s been touted as a future world champion for at least the last five years, has been promoted to the moon by Eddie Hearn, and yet he’s still not fought any opponent of real genuine quality.

I don’t know how good Callum Smith really is yet, but I know he’s certainly not underrated.

There’s absolutely no chance you can make an argument that Callum Smith is underrated. He’s been touted as a future world champion for at least the last five years, has been promoted to the moon by Eddie Hearn, and yet he’s still not fought any opponent of real genuine quality.

I don’t know how good Callum Smith really is yet, but I know he’s certainly not underrated.
Majority of people rated eubank as better than Smith and that's miles off imo. I think he's world level lots of people disagree although he's unbeaten and in the final of the wbss. Therefore he's under rated no ?

5 hours ago, kiddy said:

Pretty much the litmus test for Smith. Can he mix it at World level or will he get found out by Groves?

Groves isn’t world level so if he beats Smith it shows you how far off he is,ps no disrespect ment to groves,loved it when he beat degale 

Groves isn’t world level so if he beats Smith it shows you how far off he is,ps no disrespect ment to groves,loved it when he beat degale 

If Groves isn’t world level - as world champion and number 1 ranked Super Middleweight in the world - who is world level in that division, exactly?

George Groves is definitely world level and has been for a long time.

I’m not to upto date with rankings as such but I’ve seen groves a lot and feel as tho he is just that bit short of being world level tho rankings don’t lie a guess 

Forget the rankings. Who would say is currently better than George Groves at Super Middleweight?

Comfy win. Assured and confident against an experienced, game opponent. Looked good, if lacking a little power.
Ted Cheeseman next. A wonderful name if nothing else.