Boxing Thread

Meth Damon

5 minutes ago, GiGi said:

Ooft. Lomachenko is without doubt an ATG. He just broke Linares. So impressive.

Naw, he didn't break the man, he put in an lovely body punch.

If they don't have a rematch they're off their heads.

Edited by ayrmad

Fantastic fight, real high level stuff. As much as Lomachenko was in charge, I had it level going into 10. Thought Linares nicked rounds effectively at times. 

Great movement, footwork and hand speed from Loma all fight though and the body shot was a beauty. Didn't even see it on first viewing. 

27 minutes ago, JMDP said:

Fantastic fight, real high level stuff. As much as Lomachenko was in charge, I had it level going into 10. Thought Linares nicked rounds effectively at times. 

Great movement, footwork and hand speed from Loma all fight though and the body shot was a beauty. Didn't even see it on first viewing. 

I thought Linares fought a perfect fight tactically, I was actually fancying him to KO Lomachenko in the last few rounds, pundits kept going on about Linares not using his reach advantage and fighting on the outside, I felt from the 1st bell that he was fighting at mid-range so his punches would land with more power in an attempt to slow Loma up in the later rounds, his strategy was working well until that body punch, some folk stupidly suggesting Linares didn't want to continue, you never accuse someone on the end of a one punch KO to the head of not wanting to continue, that body punch is the equivalent to a one punch KO imo.

7 minutes ago, JMDP said:

Bunce said he was about 153 going in whereas Loma was 138 IIRC.

It showed, Linares looked huge in comparison.

How far up the weight divisions does everyone think Lomachenko can go? Lets be honest, he wants to be a multiple (3 already!) weight World Champion as opposed to dominating any particular division.

Edited by sjc

4 minutes ago, sjc said:

How far up the weight divisions does everyone think Lomachenko can go? Lets be honest, he wants to be a multiple (3 already!) weight World Champion as opposed to dominating any particular division.

A lot will depend on who's holding the belts in the divisions.