Boxing Thread

Meth Damon

You haven’t been told to tell people trying to purchase it that “apprently it’s not going to be on PPV anymore” though, have you? Come along now!

I didn't say that I had. Of course I can't say that on an official call. I don't see the need for the tantrum for posting it on an online messageboard, however.

For the record, the advice we were told to give out was basically along the lines of that discussions are still ongoing in regards to the bout, if it were to change, you would be entitled to a full refund and basically had to gain the consent of the person purchasing the fight to continue with the order.

That’s twice you’ve tried the “tantrum/upset” line now, disappointing,  up your game, that won’t cut it here.

Theres really nothing else to say on the matter, we shall see in the coming days whether you were spouting nonsense or not, won’t we? 

We can discuss this again then, yeah?

That’s twice you’ve tried the “tantrum/upset” line now, disappointing,  up your game, that won’t cut it here.
Theres really nothing else to say on the matter, we shall see in the coming days whether you were spouting nonsense or not, won’t we? 
We can discuss this again then, yeah?

Oft. You've not taken this well at all.

'Won't cut it here' [emoji38]

To be honest, I don't care if it's on PPV or not. I'll be streaming it regardless.

Just now, Ludo*1 said:

Oft. You've not taken this well at all.

'Won't cut it here' emoji38.png

To be honest, I don't care if it's on PPV or not. I'll be streaming it regardless.

The “upset” hat-trick! You certainly don’t disappoint! :lol:

You two are boring. This argument is boring. Speak about boxing or go be boring elsewhere.

Not enough hype and discussion about Lomachenko v Linares next weekend. Think Loma will win, but can see it being his toughest fight to date. Should be a cracking watch, and a lot better than this weekend’s circus.

Not enough hype and discussion about Lomachenko v Linares next weekend. Think Loma will win, but can see it being his toughest fight to date. Should be a cracking watch, and a lot better than this weekend’s circus.

I think Lomachenko will win clearly. It will be a great watch, because he’s so good. I’m not sure who can beat him around his weight class tbh.

14 minutes ago, Fraser Fyvie said:

So has it been pulled from PPV yet?

I doubt it will be now!

If Haye loses this, he's surely done as a competitor otherwise it'll just be Audley levels of awkward.

5 hours ago, J_Stewart said:

You two are boring. This argument is boring. Speak about boxing or go be boring elsewhere.

Same can be said of the Usyk v Gassiev fight coming up! Literally heard nothing about this fight.

15 hours ago, ICTChris said:

I think Lomachenko will win clearly. It will be a great watch, because he’s so good. I’m not sure who can beat him around his weight class tbh.

<<<

Eta, the arrows don’t really work on phone! I mean Davis, not me. 

Edited by Shandon Par

17 minutes ago, Shandon Par said:

<<<

Eta, the arrows don’t really work on phone! I mean Davis, not me. 

1 minute ago, ICTChris said:

I was going to say, that is a bold claim.

Either is a pretty bold claim, IMO. I like Gervonta Davis, he has unbelievable potential and appears to have a mature head on his shoulders, which considering where he's from is an achievement in itself, but Lomachenko would box rings around him at the moment. I rewatched the fights against Walters and Martinez on the bike this morning, and he was genuinely levels above both. Two long-time world champions, one of whom (Walters) could genuinelyy be classed as elite and Lomachenko made them look average. It's almost bizarre, but he's only had 11 fights, is considered by many as the p4p best in the world already, and I still don't think he gets enough credit or promotion.

I was lucky enough to be at the Garden for his fight with Rigo, and seeing him live and in colour is unlike anything I've ever seen. His upperbody movement to draw leads and find gaps, and his footwork are astonishing. Like Chris, I don't see anyone beating him unless he goes up a weight too far, which is probably welterweight. I see him beating both Linares and Mikey Garcia at lightweight, and assuming Crawford stays at Welterweight, I could easily see Lomachenko clearing out light-welter too. A genuinely special talent.  

Haven't heard anything about revised dates for the Super Series finals, both of which I expect to be good. Usyk v Gassiev will be incredible though.

18 minutes ago, J_Stewart said:

Either is a pretty bold claim, IMO. I like Gervonta Davis, he has unbelievable potential and appears to have a mature head on his shoulders, which considering where he's from is an achievement in itself, but Lomachenko would box rings around him at the moment. I rewatched the fights against Walters and Martinez on the bike this morning, and he was genuinely levels above both. Two long-time world champions, one of whom (Walters) could genuinelyy be classed as elite and Lomachenko made them look average. It's almost bizarre, but he's only had 11 fights, is considered by many as the p4p best in the world already, and I still don't think he gets enough credit or promotion.

I was lucky enough to be at the Garden for his fight with Rigo, and seeing him live and in colour is unlike anything I've ever seen. His upperbody movement to draw leads and find gaps, and his footwork are astonishing. Like Chris, I don't see anyone beating him unless he goes up a weight too far, which is probably welterweight. I see him beating both Linares and Mikey Garcia at lightweight, and assuming Crawford stays at Welterweight, I could easily see Lomachenko clearing out light-welter too. A genuinely special talent.  

Haven't heard anything about revised dates for the Super Series finals, both of which I expect to be good. Usyk v Gassiev will be incredible though.

Lomachenko is a freak (in a good way). He makes guys look like punchbags the way he changes position and is pounding them while there still trying to process what he was up to a couple of seconds before. 

Be interesting to see how Davis progresses. He’s so accurate and relentless. His team were talking about him going for Lomachenko anyway.