Boxing Thread

Meth Damon

Ron Lewis has an article on Haye's career in the Times today, an amazing catalogue of injuries when you look at it

- Back injury that caused Klitschko fight to be rescheduled.

- Shoulder injury that nixed a fight against Tyson Fury

- Ruptured Achilles against Bellew.

- Torn bicep that has delayed the rematch

Lewis also makes the point that the last time Haye beat a boxer of any standard was Chisora, six years ago.

Hayes vs Bellew has been taken off PPV due to a lack of sales apparently. Will now be on Sky Sports Main Event.

Confirmed anywhere? Looks like strong rumours but don’t know why they would do that so late?

Lol at anyone believing this.

My work received an official guideline of advice to give out (I work for a television provider part-time until I'm a teacher) so there's at least some substance to it.

1 hour ago, Ludo*1 said:

My work received an official guideline of advice to give out (I work for a television provider part-time until I'm a teacher) so there's at least some substance to it.

The vast majority of PPV sales come on the night of the fight - there's literally no chance they'd pull it now. The only time they've cancelled one before was after a fight was announced and it got a dreadful reaction. The first fight did huge numbers and this will as well I'd expect. Is Eddie just going to pay the millions in purses himself? 

Edited by Fraser Fyvie

The vast majority of PPV sales come on the night of the fight - there's literally no chance they'd pull it now. The only time they've cancelled one before was after a fight was announced and it got a dreadful reaction. The first fight did huge numbers and this will as well I'd expect. Is Eddie just going to pay the millions in purses himself? 

I've no idea, but we wouldn't have been notified if there was zero chance it'd happen. I'm not saying it will, I'm just advising the guidelines that we were given so whilst it might well go ahead on Ppv, there is definitely substance to it.

Bellew after all his pish is the one to raise his hands,  Hope Haye cleans him out this time not much of a haye fan in recent times but that Scouser just does my  f**king head in.  I think he's totally rattled this time!!

Hope Haye fucks Bellew up as well.

19 hours ago, Ludo*1 said:

I've no idea, but we wouldn't have been notified if there was zero chance it'd happen. I'm not saying it will, I'm just advising the guidelines that we were given so whilst it might well go ahead on Ppv, there is definitely substance to it.

But you did say ‘it will’ in your first post on the matter, didn’t you now? 

But you did say ‘it will’ in your first post on the matter, didn’t you now? 

Handily enough, here’s the post here! 

I assume you can also read the word, 'apparently', no?

Indeed I did. However I’m struggling to equate the original sensationalist nonsense post to the following....

”I’m not saying it will, I’m just advising the guidelines, while it might well go ahead on PPV, there’s definitely substance to it”

Indeed I did. However I’m struggling to equate the original sensationalist nonsense post to the following....

”I’m not saying it will, I’m just advising the guidelines, while it might well go ahead on PPV, there’s definitely substance to it”

You're struggling to equate a post that has apparently in it, to me further clarifying what we'd be told to say to people trying to purchase it.

You're having a bit of a mare here. There was nothing sensationalist at all about the first post - but even if there was - you're getting a bit upset about it.