Boxing Thread

Meth Damon

Just watched DeGale fight this morning. Very scrappy but plenty heart on show, DeGale looked the better but not by much. Can’t see the title staying with DeGale too long.
The point off was fucking ridiculous, the 117-110 scorecard was fucking ridiculous.

1 hour ago, Gianfranco said:

Tyson Fury’s comeback fight is confirmed for the 9th of June. No idea who it’s against.

Wouldn't matter, as he's so "phenomenally" talented. The Lineal Championship, 'Ring Magazine' Belt, is in safe hands.:rolleyes:

29 minutes ago, kiddy said:

Wouldn't matter, as he's so "phenomenally" talented. The Lineal Championship, 'Ring Magazine' Belt, is in safe hands.:rolleyes:

Whilst I do think he's technically the best fighter out of Wilder, AJ & himself, I think his abilities have somewhat become overblown in his absence from the ring.

He's the Manchester version of Sugar Ray Robinson the way some folk remoniss  about his talents!

Glorious to see how just announcing his comeback has all the Joshua fluffers absolutely seething on social media. 

Seems like Fast Eddie has only offered wilder a flat 8.8 million too, about 20% of expected split. 

5 minutes ago, ICTChris said:

I fell down a YouTube hole of watching fights and highlights, ended up with Dmitry Pirog v Daniel Jacobs.  Sad that Pirog had to retire, could've been a brilliant career

One thing that I have never forgotten despite not having seen that fight since it happened, was the hilarious way Jacobs ears reacted in slowmo to the punch that knocked him out.

IIRC, his entire head and face went backwards whilst his ears remained exactly where they were.

In the last week I have seen rumours of Alfredo Angulo and James Kirkland stepping in to fight GGG who has apparently settled on Vanes Matirosyan. 

I knew GGG had power, but I didnt think he had the power to take us all back to 2008