Boxing Thread

Meth Damon

The guy was his mandatory.

I have absolutely no interest in the bullshit politics in boxing about who is whose mandatory or voluntary or how they’ve been manoeuvred there.

I have no interest in who owns what worthless belt and who is rumoured to be fighting who next and who they’re promoted by.

I am only interested in watching competitive action between 2 well matched opponents.

That show did not deliver anything like that.

I have absolutely no interest in the bullshit politics in boxing about who is whose mandatory or voluntary or how they’ve been manoeuvred there.

I have no interest in who owns what worthless belt and who is rumoured to be fighting who next and who they’re promoted by.

I am only interested in watching competitive action between 2 well matched opponents.

That show did not deliver anything like that.
This so many boxing cards are so one side to benefit the promoters fighters. That matchroom card last night was poor. No matter the venue the amount of people it was fucking shite. Bar price getting sparked out. And having to listen to froch bellew and Johnny Nelson is murder. But roll on Khan and Haye cards we'll do it all again.

3 hours ago, MONKMAN said:

Since when did 6”4 and 17 stone constitute “a small guy”?

He was small compared to AJ, that's all that counts.

2 minutes ago, MONKMAN said:

So he’s not a small guy and you stand corrected, cheers.

No, we're talking about heavyweight boxing, if he was the same size AJ would be sitting at home wondering how he could get his belts back, the ref didn't help either, AJ is the cash cow in heavyweight boxing, as such someone is going to have to beat him well to get the decision.

No, we're talking about heavyweight boxing, if he was the same size AJ would be sitting at home wondering how he could get his belts back, the ref didn't help either, AJ is the cash cow in heavyweight boxing, as such someone is going to have to beat him well to get the decision.

Lol you should be a boxer with all the bullshit talking.

How would bum boy fury do if he wasn’t so lanky and awkward against Parker?

Aj is the unified world champion at 22 fights credit where it’s due.

He’s top of the tree at the moment and well done to him until someone comes and takes it from him if that’s fury then well done to him.

But stick to facts mate don’t just talk just speculate and talk shit as like all boxers do even aj last night saying he’d knock out Parker he didn’t even really get close to knocking Parker out he’s as tough as they come but he out boxed him easily and won comfortably on points.

22 minutes ago, buddies1877 said:

Lol you should be a boxer with all the bullshit talking.

How would bum boy fury do if he wasn’t so lanky and awkward against Parker?

Aj is the unified world champion at 22 fights credit where it’s due.

He’s top of the tree at the moment and well done to him until someone comes and takes it from him if that’s fury then well done to him.

But stick to facts mate don’t just talk just speculate and talk shit as like all boxers do even aj last night saying he’d knock out Parker he didn’t even really get close to knocking Parker out he’s as tough as they come but he out boxed him easily and won comfortably on points.

You'll just have to accept that even if AJ held 50 belts, he ain't all that and never will be.

I've been that impressed with his boxing skills that I've picked a guy to wipe the floor with him after he had 2 fights against bad pub bouncers, Dubois had more skill then than AJ has now even with all his shiny belts.

You'll just have to accept that even if AJ held 50 belts, he ain't all that and never will be.
I've been that impressed with his boxing skills that I've picked a guy to wipe the floor with him after he had 2 fights against bad pub bouncers, Dubois had more skill then than AJ has now even with all his shiny belts.

[emoji23][emoji23] did you have some salty porridge for your breakfast

You Sound like a bitter old c**t [emoji23]

1 minute ago, buddies1877 said:

emoji23.pngemoji23.png did you have some salty porridge for your breakfast

You Sound like a bitter old c**t emoji23.png

Why would I be bitter?

I'm only giving my opinion on AJ's boxing, I don't dislike him or anything like that, like all the other boxers out there, I hope he gets out with loads of cash and no long term damage to his brain.

Think we’ll not see a Wilder AJ fight until later on in the year. Next fight again on HBO to showcase AJ and then when it gets made it will be PPV in the states.

Thought AJ was well within himself last night. Certainly was cagier than normal so I’d imagine he genuinely feared Parker’s power combinations.

Paulie on the HBO commentary was saying that Parker would need to win more rounds as he’d never get a close decision in the UK.

I had AJ four up, but only giving Parker one or two rounds is a bit of a stretch. He was the busier fighter in the early part of the match. But as it wore on offered nothing.

Not only are you embarrassingly fanboyish about AJ, you're also a homophobe. You don't know what you're talking about, if you can't talk about boxing without throwing homophobic insults around may I suggest you do one. Thank you.

Fan boyish nothing about aj just giving the guy some credit where it’s due when others try to shoot people achieving something down.

And shut up about your homophobic pish I’m anything but if your aware of Tyson fury’s rants on social media all he likes to call people is bums when in fact he’s the bum that’s just all talk would rather watch someone that’s prepared to put abit of action into all the talk.

Tyson Fury schooled Klitshco, and you're not giving him any credit for it. Slightly hypocritical? I'll give you the benefit of the doubt since you appear to be under 16, but bit of advice in future, calling people 'bum boys,' is homophobic.

Was delighted he won at the time but 3 years on people still banging on about it and he’s done nothing at all since but take drugs and talk shit about other fighters lost any credit by doing that shit.

There’s no way fury should walk straight back into a big money fight with aj he should have to earn it and prove he’s still at the level he was at.

He's been banned for two years tbf. Fury will beat a journeyman or two, and then get the fight against AJ. The fact he's undefeated and gave Wlad the runaround means that, like it or not, he's the fight AJ needs to take or there's always going to be those saying Fury is the true top dog. He did have a much easier night against Wlad than AJ as well.

Was completely different approach fury is always going to be awkward and try to out box the opponent similar to the job aj done on Parker last night, aj and Klitschko had a proper fight was great viewing with the Parker fight a few times almost went into but was never going to happen with that awful referee either.

Aj imo doesnt need the fury fight at all he’s nothing to gain from it if he wins everyone will just say that it wasn’t the same fury that faced Klitschko, I think aj deffo wants the fight though just to shut fury up don’t think he cares what fury fans think to be top dog you need to defend your tiltes not just earn it then retire.

I really like AJ  and he basically didn't get out of 2nd gear yesterday but like it or not the guy has some serious flaws and isn't close to being wold class in my opinion. A prime Haye, for example, would have Joshua out within 6. 

I really like AJ  and he basically didn't get out of 2nd gear yesterday but like it or not the guy has some serious flaws and isn't close to being wold class in my opinion. A prime Haye, for example, would have Joshua out within 6. 

A prime haye sat on the end of klitschkos jab all night long pretty much what Parker done last night. Haye was a top class boxer but don't agree he would have Joshua out in 6. Never know now though.

A prime haye sat on the end of klitschkos jab all night long pretty much what Parker done last night. Haye was a top class boxer but don't agree he would have Joshua out in 6. Never know now though.
Yeah he shat the bed against Klitch but ive no doubt he has the boxing skills to expose joshuas weaknesses and the one punch power to finish him. If he wobbled against Haye it would be goodnight.

6 hours ago, Loki said:

Think we’ll not see a Wilder AJ fight until later on in the year. Next fight again on HBO to showcase AJ and then when it gets made it will be PPV in the states.

Thought AJ was well within himself last night. Certainly was cagier than normal so I’d imagine he genuinely feared Parker’s power combinations.

Paulie on the HBO commentary was saying that Parker would need to win more rounds as he’d never get a close decision in the UK.

I had AJ four up, but only giving Parker one or two rounds is a bit of a stretch. He was the busier fighter in the early part of the match. But as it wore on offered nothing.

That was the way I saw the fight, Parker was actually only 2 or 3 end of round Eubanks snr spurts from winning the fight IMO, obviously he would have needed a spurt in every round to have any chance with the judges, the judging in boxing hasn't improved one bit in the 45/50 years I've watched it. 

Edited by ayrmad