Boxing Thread

Meth Damon

What are people's thoughts on whether Whyte deserves another shot at a world title? 

Dillian Whyte being pushed towards a fight against a champion is a sign of the lack of quality in the division, imo.

Wilder v Ortiz has been confirmed for March 3rd in New York. Should be a really good fight, biggest test for Wilder by miles. 

Would assume the winner will fight winner of Joshua v Parker in late Summer / Autumn.

Ortiz tested +ve for two banned substances. Claimed they were for high blood pressure, but didn't disclose that prior to the test, & got a $25k fine. That the WBC are going to let him fight with this condition is nothing short of gobsmacking; never mind avoiding a ban.

21 hours ago, J_Stewart said:

Wilder v Ortiz has been confirmed for March 3rd in New York. Should be a really good fight, biggest test for Wilder by miles.

Would assume the winner will fight winner of Joshua v Parker in late Summer / Autumn.

Hope you're right but if Wilder does end up fighting Ortiz and wins and Joshua defeats Parker, that's the toughest fight in the sport to negotiate since Mayweather - Pacquiao. 

Ortiz tested +ve for two banned substances. Claimed they were for high blood pressure, but didn't disclose that prior to the test, & got a $25k fine. That the WBC are going to let him fight with this condition is nothing short of gobsmacking; never mind avoiding a ban. 

What condition? Can’t fight because you’ve got hypertension???

Anyone seen anything about Spence Jr. vs. Peterson being televised? Was hoping it'd be on Sky Sports as he's been linked with a fight with Amir Khan. 

I see Jorge Linares is on BoxNation the following Saturday - disappointing for me but I'll hopefully get a stream. Usyk vs Briedis to be shown free on ITV Box Office on the same night.

Anyone seen anything about Spence Jr. vs. Peterson being televised? Was hoping it'd be on Sky Sports as he's been linked with a fight with Amir Khan. 
I see Jorge Linares is on BoxNation the following Saturday - disappointing for me but I'll hopefully get a stream. Usyk vs Briedis to be shown free on ITV Box Office on the same night.

Can only find that it’s being shown on showtime. Should be able to find a link.
Didn’t realise Usyk v Briedis was free in box office, quite confusing but certainly not complaining!

Just now, NJ2 said:

Can only find that it’s being shown on showtime. Should be able to find a link.
Didn’t realise Usyk v Briedis was free in box office, quite confusing but certainly not complaining!

I couldn't seem to find one of the quarter finals of the cruiserweight series on ITV Box Office when it was free (can't remember which one). But I think I found out after it that it wasn't shown live. 

I couldn't seem to find one of the quarter finals of the cruiserweight series on ITV Box Office when it was free (can't remember which one). But I think I found out after it that it wasn't shown live. 

Vaguely remember that. Was to be available on itv player the following day as well but wasn’t. Itv have fair fucked up the broadcasting of this.

Josh Taylor fighting at the Hydro on March 3rd, opponent announced tomorrow.  

Must be a big name to fill the Hydro......

Burns?!

Struggling to think who else it could be. Yeggit has a fight lined up already. Indongo a possibility? It was previously suggested that it wouldn't be Catterall.

Given it's at the Hydro and you'd probably assume he'd need to travel for a title shot I think Burns is the most likely.

8 hours ago, Cowshed Chris said:

Burns?!

Struggling to think who else it could be. Yeggit has a fight lined up already. Indongo a possibility? It was previously suggested that it wouldn't be Catterall.

Given it's at the Hydro and you'd probably assume he'd need to travel for a title shot I think Burns is the most likely.

I might be wrong but I thought Yigit was planning to drop down a weight and vacate the European belt? 

I think if it was Burns then i think it would have got out in the media by now. Burns wasn’t fancying a fight with Taylor after the O’Hara Davies fight either.

edit: hope it is Burns though. 

Edited by St. Jude