Boxing Thread

Meth Damon

Not really into the Japanese broadcasts that much tbh but some of those new year cards in the past have been good and there's nothing else new so will put some music on and watch them. It's always worthwhile watching things like this, 115 is one of the best divisions in the sport imo and I wouldn't have known much about the fighters there if it wasn't for watching cards like those 2 before NY. 

I'm hopefully wrong here but both Khan and Brook are struggling with their careers just now.  This move reeks of an excuse to give each fighter a few fluffys (which Brook has had many of already) with the excuse that at end of it all we'll see a couple of lower to outside top 10 147 fighters get in the ring with each other. You have to hand it to Hearn, he's an excellent businessman.

20 minutes ago, Boostin' Kev said:

I'm hopefully wrong here but both Khan and Brook are struggling with their careers just now.  This move reeks of an excuse to give each fighter a few fluffys (which Brook has had many of already) with the excuse that at end of it all we'll see a couple of lower to outside top 10 147 fighters get in the ring with each other. You have to hand it to Hearn, he's an excellent businessman.

Brook's moved up to 154, and I seriously doubt he'll come back down again. I think Khan will get a tune-up with a 'fluffy', second fight will be against Broner or the Garcia rematch, third fight will be with Brook at 154 so even if he loses the Broner/Garcia they can play the making weight card and still sell it, and then they'll see where he goes from there depending on how they've gone.

Assuming he still has his speed, commits to getting in to fighting shape again, "living the life" as it were, and has matured at all, I'd have him to beat Brook on a UD.

16 minutes ago, J_Stewart said:

Brook's moved up to 154, and I seriously doubt he'll come back down again. I think Khan will get a tune-up with a 'fluffy', second fight will be against Broner or the Garcia rematch, third fight will be with Brook at 154 so even if he loses the Broner/Garcia they can play the making weight card and still sell it, and then they'll see where he goes from there depending on how they've gone.

Assuming he still has his speed, commits to getting in to fighting shape again, "living the life" as it were, and has matured at all, I'd have him to beat Brook on a UD.

The fact that Brook's done at 147 is the biggest problem.  Who wants to watch Khan at 154?

I'll be amazed if Khan resurrects his career by going from a tune up to Broner/Garcia then Brook afterwards under Hearn  tbh.

Edited by Boostin' Kev

The fact that Brook's done at 147 is the biggest problem.  Who wants to watch Khan at 154?
I'll be amazed if Khan resurrects his career by going from a tune up to Broner/Garcia then Brook afterwards under Hearn  tbh.

Depends what you consider “resurrecting”. It might not get him a world title, but they’ll certainly earn him a lot of money, get huge publicity, and, certainly in the case of Garcia and Brook, would still be fights at a very high level, if not quite elite. That’s a fair resurrection in my opinion.

Khan v Thurman at welterweight is a fight I’d like to see.

I wouldn't bet on Khan beating anyone. More or less admitted his career is done in the States and that coming home to try and salvage something from his last few fights was his only option. Going into the jungle was obviously the first step to getting back on British screens, probably wise since he's done nothing in a boxing sense for about 2 years.

After watching whyte and helenius surely Browne wins that match , and see it being fairly comfortable for the big man.

Whyte was better in his fights against AJ and Chisora. I don’t really like Browne but I hope he wins this one.

Whyte was better in his fights against AJ and Chisora. I don’t really like Browne but I hope he wins this one.

Maybe against aj he was better but think that was aj's own doing tbh. Against chisora whyte was lucky to get the decision imo. And chisora is nothing but a stepping stone for the big boys as pulev showed when he absolutely schooled him. Defo not buying into that one. Brownes a step up and I think it's a step to far , time will tell.

Maybe against aj he was better but think that was aj's own doing tbh. Against chisora whyte was lucky to get the decision imo. And chisora is nothing but a stepping stone for the big boys as pulev showed when he absolutely schooled him. Defo not buying into that one. Brownes a step up and I think it's a step to far , time will tell.

I absolutely agree, the way I read it though they meant Whyte was better v Chisora than he was against Helenius basically. The fact we’re looking at Whyte being positioned for another crack at the top depresses me. Nothing he’s done, other than being of limited ability.

Edit: to change “crack at the rope” to crack at the top. Not sure folk get a crack at the rope?