Boxing Thread

Meth Damon

At a show in paisley last night. Cracking main event and a decent setup.

Sounds like an impressive performance from Saunders too.

I was at that last night as well. I've never really been in to boxing, but won tickets for it in a raffle. Really enjoyable evening, and the main event was a cracking fight.

Not seen the fight yet but from what I've read online Saunders put on an absolute masterclass last night. What's the thoughts on him fighting ggg or canelo.
Would need the fight of his life to beat either. Outboxing David Lemieux is one thing, avoiding even an ageing Golovkin for 12 rounds is a whole other affair. He would walk through him in about 3 rounds. Alvarez would probably come into the ring about light heavy on fight night and would have too much also.

Golovkin or Canelo, makes no difference. A fight against either would be another massive game of Tig.
Boxing is the art of hitting, without being hit & that was a prime example of it.
Lemieux was already found to be on a level a good few less v GGG.
A good win for Saunders, but whether he'd be able to keep the other two off for 12 rounds is another matter.

Sent from my XT1039 using Tapatalk

Should be a cracking fight on paper, guess the only question is how much each has left in the tank. Frampton looked anything but convincing against Garcia and Donaire hasn’t been the same since Rigondeaux. Still certainly looking forward to it, although sadly might just have a bit too much on to get across to it.

On 18/12/2017 at 21:10, pittsburgh phil said:

Definitely think GGG is on the slide a bit but there is no way you'd keep him off you for 12 rounds. He cuts the ring off relentlessly and they say power is the last thing that leaves a fighter...

You don't always need to keep them off for 12 rounds, there's also no guarantee that he knocks him out if/when he gets to him.