Boxing Thread

Meth Damon

I thought Framlton could well have lost. Cruised the first 4, then pretty much let the other guy right back into it, though the knock down was debatable (a left did land as he slipped).
Scorecards were a disgrace. Good to see hometown decisions aren't limited to Matchroom gigs.

38 minutes ago, kiddy said:

Was going to say Conlan reminded me of Dennis Andries against Tommy Hearns & BT are now showing that fight!

I liked Dennis Andries, an absolute no hoper donkey who ends up winning a world title 3 times.

Missed Frampton will maybe catch it tomorrow. Cards sound wide from most reports. Regarding Joshua bit of nasty racism there going without much comment. Imagine Fury texting someone about a superior white or travelling race or whatever, could such a shitstorm even be contained? Wooft!

I liked Dennis Andries, an absolute no hoper donkey who ends up winning a world title 3 times.

It was the Yanks, in Detroit, that took his perseverance to heart, let him train in the Kronk gym & gave him those further opportunities! Bizarre, but intriguing.

3 minutes ago, kiddy said:

It was the Yanks, in Detroit, that took his perseverance to heart, let him train in the Kronk gym & gave him those further opportunities! Bizarre, but intriguing.

He had to start at the bottom of the heap as a 34 year old in that gym before eventually gaining the respect of his fellow fighters, he'd been written off as a virtual journeyman numerous times in his career .

Happy days. David Haye pulled out of the Bellew fight. Thank god we don't have that mess again.

Annoyed the whole thing has been canned. Whyte offered to step in. Not exactly a fight I would rate highly but better than nothing. Apparently the fight will take place in March or May next year.