Boxing Thread

Meth Damon

4 hours ago, Shandon Par said:

He certainly looks better he he stands tall and fires the quick straight punches but he hurt Vasquez a couple of times early on with body shots. Great test for him to come through. 

Never saw the early part, I just felt at times in the last few rounds that he was in too close when trying to land the punches, an up and coming Hatton was excellent at moving his feet to the right position to get proper leverage on his body punches, he was maybe just looking for a wee breather as he hasn't really went that far with anyone nevermind a quality opponent.

With Khan appearing on reality tv now, is his career effectively over?
He seems to have wasted so much of his career chasing Mayweather and Pacquiao fights when he could have built his profile further and legitimately earned a fight with one of those two.
Would there still be interest from the public in a fight between Khan and Kell Brook?

Taylor was brilliant last night that Mexican was as awkward as they come.

Enjoyed the fight. Taylor looked sharp but Vazquez was always in the fight. Watched it back on catchup and didn't realise the way he set up the body shot to finish, very impressive.
A definite statement made and looking forward to seeing where he goes from here. All being well he could be in with a chance of a world title shot late 2018.

Spoke to Vazquez after the fight. I was hammered and he didn't speak much English so it was a very brief but interesting conversation.

Taylor Vasquez fight saved the weekend sat through a lot of fairly dull rounds since finishing work on Sunday. Got to hand it to Taylor and Cyclone that was a very risky match up for an 11th fight even if you were confident Taylor would win its very hard to look good against Vasquez. 

Amir Khan’s going in to I’m a Celebrity [emoji23]

Actually think this is the precursor to the Brook fight. Khan hasn’t fought in an age and Brook has lost twice on the bounce. Raise Khan’s profile with Joe Public, Brook calls him out, they have a stadium fight in April/May time.

15 minutes ago, J_Stewart said:

Amir Khan’s going in to I’m a Celebrity emoji23.png

Actually think this is the precursor to the Brook fight. Khan hasn’t fought in an age and Brook has lost twice on the bounce. Raise Khan’s profile with Joe Public, Brook calls him out, they have a stadium fight in April/May time.

novel way to strip weight I suppose.....

3 minutes ago, kiddy said:

UKAD facing bankruptcy over case against Fury. I see they've stepped back from another against Bradley Wiggins.

Last weeks news, they're only behind the 8 ball if they lose, they'd have to pay for loss of earnings.