Boxing Thread

Meth Damon

Wilder absolutely destroyed Stiverne. Destroyed him. The first knockdown pretty much ended it as Stiverne’s legs were completely gone, but the accuracy and killer instinct Wilder showed to finish him with the second and third knockdowns was lethal. Statement very much made.

Porter v Granados was great fun for the majority. Was pretty clear that Porter was a level above, but Granados was game as hell and made for a fun watch. Still don’t see Porter beating the elite in the division, but he’ll give them hell as he tries.

Didn't somebody once say "you get what you negociate, not what you deserve"?

I think Wilder would do better heading for Parker, to take the WBO title first, before the fight with Joshua. It would give him more leverage on splits, if their fight ever takes place.

Didn't somebody once say "you get what you negociate, not what you deserve"?
I think Wilder would do better heading for Parker, to take the WBO title first, before the fight with Joshua. It would give him more leverage on splits, if their fight ever takes place.

Agreed. Would like to see wilder be positive like he was last night instead of his cautious slow starring like he usually does. He looked confident and up for it.

Agreed. Would like to see wilder be positive like he was last night instead of his cautious slow starring like he usually does. He looked confident and up for it.

A fight against Joshua with Wilder that sharp and in that frame of mind wouldn’t go past four rounds. I’ve no idea which one of them would knock the other out, but it would be absolute fireworks.

2 hours ago, J_Stewart said:

A fight against Joshua with Wilder that sharp and in that frame of mind wouldn’t go past four rounds. I’ve no idea which one of them would knock the other out, but it would be absolute fireworks.

I think Wilder' straight punches down the middle will be too much for Joshua, I don't think Joshua is ready for the level yet regardless of titles.

I think Wilder' straight punches down the middle will be too much for Joshua, I don't think Joshua is ready for the level yet regardless of titles.

Yet Wilder has zero defence & is wide open to somebody at 18+ stone pilling through on him?

2 minutes ago, kiddy said:

Yet Wilder has zero defence & is wide open to somebody at 18+ stone pilling through on him?

they're both "underdeveloped" to quote Lennox Lewis. Fury is the most skilled boxer out of the 3 of them by some distance. Just a pity his dedication (fitness wise) to the sport isn't comparable.

I think the longer fury is away the better he gets in peoples minds. He befuddled Wlad, but Wlad was utterly robotic that night. He can move but he can’t bang and he’s wide open for the right hand- as you see when he got out down by that Croat “no surrender” nickname and Steve Cunningham- a cruiserweight.

He’s far from invincible.

On 11/4/2017 at 23:24, kiddy said:

Hadn't realised Wilder was under 16 stone at his weigh in?

Wilder has said before that he'd rather be the part than look the part. There can be a bit of vanity in all that bulking up. WIlder's training regime sounds horrific but it's 100% geared to making him fast, flexible and having great balance. A 16 something stone Takam may not have hurt AJ but a 16 something stone Wilder with his height, speed and reach is a different matter.