Boxing Thread

Meth Damon

3 minutes ago, Alan Stubbs said:

Think Burns might've worked his way back into at least a draw there. So many close rounds though, worry the judges will give Crolla the benefit of the doubt.

There it is. 117 man, just f**k off. I wouldn't have complained if Crolla had just edged it, annoying how predictable this pish is.

Just because it was 117-112 doesn’t meant he smashed him about. Just means he edged more of the rounds.

I don't think he did. I had it a draw. Crolla may have been busier but wasn't actually connecting with much as Burns was blocking most of his shots with his arms.

Just now, Alan Stubbs said:

There it is. 117 man, just f**k off. I wouldn't have complained if Crolla had just edged it, annoying how predictable this pish is.

What are you talking about? Crolla shaded most of the close rounds, certainly in my eyes.

The judges have seen it that way as well. 

1 minute ago, The Chlamydia Kid said:

How do you think Taylor would do against Crolla? Baroso? Perez? Or Linares?

I think it’s ridiculous saying taylor would smash burns when he’s never been near anyone at that sort of level.

They are all fighting at a different weight from Taylor so not sure the relevance of that question.

Burns is shot and offensively has nothing to offer. Taylor is viscious on the inside and would have too much movement for Burns. 

What attributes does Burns have to beat Taylor? Experience is just a word that I think loses meaning when a young, fresh skilled boxer has just too much in the locker for a shot Burns.

Folk seem
To think 117-112 means you’ve been hammered. Burns could have smashed Crolla for 3 rounds but Crolla just get the benefit of the doubt in 8 of them, draw one and it is a 117-112. So looking at it as a whole it’s really close but round by round it looks big.

Don't think Crolla won 8 rounds though. I could see the argument for him shading it but I certainly don't think he done enough to be given 8 rounds.