Boxing Thread

Meth Damon

5 hours ago, Oleksandr said:

Was gonna post about how disgraceful that 118-110 card was but then I discovered that Tecate birds Instagram so I'll just post some photos from that instead

Someone on another forum said she looked like Maidana then photoshopped his face onto her body, I've never looked at her the same way again

Getting back to the scorecards debate, had Trella not been the only one of the three to score round 7 to Canelo, then Byrd's 118-110 card would have been completely irrelevant.

Even a 10-10 round would have given GGG the majority verdict. A round most have said was GGG's best & most convincing.

I feel he's been let off lightly by the distraction of the wide score to Canelo.

Edited by kiddy

45 minutes ago, kiddy said:

Getting back to the scorecards debate, had Trella not been the only one of the three to score round 7 to Canelo, then Byrd's 118-110 card would have been completely irrelevant.

Even a 10-10 round would have given GGG the majority verdict. A round most have said was GGG's best & most convincing.

I feel he's been let off lightly by the distraction of the wide score to Canelo.

These things have been happening in boxing for as long as I can remember in boxing with no signs of change, they'll probably wait until viewer figures drop dramatically b4 they tackle it, I tend not to take records too seriously if they've been obtained mainly in Germany as it's even worse over there, how hard can it be to educate refs and judges on what's acceptable after every major fight night.

Edited by ayrmad

12 minutes ago, J_Stewart said:

The "dodgy decisions in Germany" is a complete fallacy now, it's been no worse there than anywhere else the last 5/10 years, in fact the U.K. has been markedly worse the last few years.

I wouldn't know what it's like now, not interested in watching, that's my point.

Rio v Shannon Briggs for a shot at Hughie Fury's world title (he's beating Parker on Saturday I've decided) is absolute money. Boxing saved.

This has got a shitter version of CM Punk in the UFC written all over it, although Punk actually has some charisma. Rio is going to get well and truly Merked.