Boxing Thread

Meth Damon

Logged on to try for Canelo GGG tickets for pre-sale last night, got through within 2 minutes and the only available tickets were $2500 or $5000. Not sure when general sale is, I'm willing to pay decent money but that's taking the piss!

11 hours ago, NathanQP said:

Ward talking about moving up to fight Joshua

Its ok Tony Bellew is saying he'll KO him first.  Mind you at the min he's saying he'll ko the whole word apart from AJ right now

Edited by paisleysaints

Logged on to try for Canelo GGG tickets for pre-sale last night, got through within 2 minutes and the only available tickets were $2500 or $5000. Not sure when general sale is, I'm willing to pay decent money but that's taking the piss!

Id never even bother with a vegas fight for boxing. If you book up and the fight falls through then you're still paying for the trip regardless. If it was football or a team sport then the match doesn't fall apart due to one individual being injured.

9 hours ago, MONKMAN said:

What was your price limit? 

Just now, The Chlamydia Kid said:

Id never even bother with a vegas fight for boxing. If you book up and the fight falls through then you're still paying for the trip regardless. If it was football or a team sport then the match doesn't fall apart due to one individual being injured.

Yeah, but you're still getting a trip to Vegas either way, the boxing's only the cherry.

Interested to see what happens, and who gets involved in the Supermiddleweight 8 man tournament that Groves has entered. Seems like a more regimented version of the Super Six from what I've heard (which main downfall was that it dragged for ages). Could be pretty good if some of the elite guys in the division get involved.

Yeah, but you're still getting a trip to Vegas either way, the boxing's only the cherry.
Interested to see what happens, and who gets involved in the Supermiddleweight 8 man tournament that Groves has entered. Seems like a more regimented version of the Super Six from what I've heard (which main downfall was that it dragged for ages). Could be pretty good if some of the elite guys in the division get involved.

With this fight it wouldn't be bad but of the boxing fell through and I was left on vegas with a bunch of tossers like used to follow Hatton or AJ fans then it would be torture.
Just like I'd like to visit some of the places Scotland play- just not when the 'tartan army' are there.

41 minutes ago, J_Stewart said:

These tournaments only have limited pots for paying people so the best we can probably hope for is it creating a resurgance in a very light division. George Groves as a headline name speaks volumes. 

8 minutes ago, The Chlamydia Kid said:

With this fight it wouldn't be bad but of the boxing fell through and I was left on vegas with a bunch of tossers like used to follow Hatton or AJ fans then it would be torture.
Just like I'd like to visit some of the places Scotland play- just not when the 'tartan army' are there.

It definitely has the potential to be a horrible experience. 

1 hour ago, The Chlamydia Kid said:

I watched it about 6 weeks ago on BBC Northern Ireland. Is it on mainland BBC Now? Good documentary.

Just stumbled across it on BBC iplayer. It did say Norn Iron when it loaded up, you  would think it would have least been put on bbc 2 as well. Quite enjoyed it, none of the boxers seemed to have the usual bollocks facade they put on in front of the cameras.

Aye heard to keep up an act over a prolonged period. I heard mcguigan on talk sport a few weeks ago saying that it would be on mainland telly eventually so think it's only a matter of time.
I've never really been that big a fan of frampton but he went up in my estimations after the documentary.
Shane's missus is rather attractive...

6 minutes ago, Marshmallo said:

"Pound for Pound King" Riggonndeauex has had his last win overturned to a No Contest.

And he's subject to a challenge from Lomachenko. Apparently. Dunno if I've missed that being discussed elsewhere. 

It started with the usual back and forth with Lomas team telling him to come up 130 after being baited, which we all know will never happen. Rigos small at 122 but still has power, somewhere in between would be good for us all but still a lose/lose for Loma.