Boxing Thread

Meth Damon

1 minute ago, Oleksandr said:

I'm all for 4 or 5 banter fights before the real stuff gets started, hopefully see more of this in the future. Anyone know where Connor Benn is hiding get him on as well

I agree with this but should be at least 50% obese heavyweights clubbing f**k out of each other.

I'm all for 4 or 5 banter fights before the real stuff gets started, hopefully see more of this in the future. Anyone know where Connor Benn is hiding get him on as well

I agree with this but should be at least 50% obese heavyweights clubbing f**k out of each other.

All we're missing is a fight for Big Raz that Joseph Parker stole a win over a couple of weeks ago, and I'd call this the most shambolically entertaining card of all time.

Just now, J_Stewart said:

All we're missing is a fight for Big Raz that Joseph Parker stole a win over a couple of weeks ago, and I'd call this the most shambolically entertaining card of all time.

Nothing will ever touch this one IMO: http://www.boxingscene.com/tony-thompson-shocks-odlanier-solis-takes-split-nod--75909

"

One the strangest pro debuts to ever take place came in the opening bout of the telecast. Bugra Horus came into Saturday's affair with high expectations from his team. Any dreams of future glory quickly disappeared the moment the oversized Turkish heavyweight lumbered into the ring. 

The instead showcase bout for Horus instead turned out to be an easy night's work for Goga Abuladze, a fringe Georgian cruiserweight who picked up a surprise 1st round stoppage. 

Abuladze was fighting outside of his native Georgia for the first time in his career, but was up to the challenge. Horus, on the other hand, looked like a man who had second thoughts about a pro career the moment the opening bell rang. He didn't fight scared, but the grossly out of shape debutant never managed to find a rhythm or even a desire to get going. The disinterest perfectly segued into the stoppage, which came at the end of the opening round. 

At one point, Abuladze suffered three consecutive 1st round knockouts. Saturday's affair marks the first time he lands on the favorable end of that equation. The win advances his record to 16-5 (10KO), having now won three straight.

Borus drops to 0-1 (0KO), with the outside view suggesting a one-and-done career.

- See more at: http://www.boxingscene.com/tony-thompson-shocks-odlanier-solis-takes-split-nod--75909#sthash.9uZp3tts.dpuf"

Best opener to a show of all time.