Boxing Thread

Meth Damon

WBA not messing around, Mendoza has ordered rematches for those two robberies last weekend.  2 judges from the Murata fight have been suspended for 6 months and he's asked Maryland boxing commision to take action against those in the Barthelemy win and not use them in the meantime.

WBA not messing around, Mendoza has ordered rematches for those two robberies last weekend.  2 judges from the Murata fight have been suspended for 6 months and he's asked Maryland boxing commision to take action against those in the Barthelemy win and not use them in the meantime.

Won't help me get my much needed, and deserved, predictor points though. p***ks. I've not seen it but have heard it was a total sham. Glad there's action being taken.

Brook is a value bet as slight underdog IMO. Will be taking Brook KO for the late rounds.

Saw the weigh in and they both look in phenomenal shape. Dream fight this, should be a topper.

Kell looks fucking ready.

I thought Brook's face looked really gaunt. It's a total 50/50 and I'm really excited for it, but I'd be amazed if this isn't Brook's last fight at welterweight regardless of the way it goes.

Hope Groves wins as well. Always been a fan, and would be a travesty if a guy as talented as he is that obviously works as hard as he does never won a world title.

Fight could really go anyway, even Brook TKO is a better bet than usual seeing as Howard Foster is the ref.  I'm probably going to pick Spence KO.  Apart from the obvious reasons I didn't realise he had a 3 inch longer reach than Brook and Brook's jab would be one of his key weapons in a fight like this normally.  Spence does like to get mid range though so might not be so much of an issue.  Could be here all night coming up with various permutations of how the fight might go.

5 minutes ago, NorthernJambo said:

Was 3/1 boosted to 5's on skybet. Stoppage for either is the bet with Foster reffing!

Was a disheartening moment when I read he'd been chosen as ref hope he doesn't spoil it for us all. 

Aye he was under pressure, was caught a few times and as he'd dipped down Rosales caught him with a good right to the chin.

Selby improved in the second but always looked open and got caught with a beauty at the end.