Boxing Thread

Meth Damon

1 minute ago, Pearbuyerbell said:

I thought he was winning, no ? 

2 out of 3 of the judges had Joshua ahead at the time of the stoppage.  Even if Klitschko had held on to the end of the round he would have needed a stoppage in the 12th to win.

FWIW i though it was a bang on draw after 10 rounds.

1 minute ago, Pearbuyerbell said:

I thought he was winning, no ? 

Nope, 2 out of 3 judges had it joshua by 2 and 3 points, then that round was worth another 2 point advantage, Klitschko would have had to avoid the 3rd knockdown and then stop joshua in the 12th, not a chance of that after that 11th

So lets sum it up so far

The casuals know f**k all. Joshua fought a pensioner and although he won he was pish and is a joke of a boxer. If he fights anyone decent he will get pumped. The non casual in the boxing thread also knows f**k all. Joshua was superb and was always going to be too good for VK. He will destroy every fighter in the division in the years to come defeating the likes of Rocky Balboa, Ivan Drago, Clubber lang, Rambo, The terminator and Predator. 

What a thread

Edited by diamond_for_life

23 minutes ago, Green Teeth said:

I thought that too.

I'm one a they casuals though, tbf. Might be wrong.

Nah having been scudded twice in the round, Klitschko was struggling to get a guard up, joshua was hitting him at will, ref called it right, if klitschko hadnt been down twice the ref wouldnt have gave it a thought 

I've heard it all now, the guy that stops his opponent and comfortably wins more rounds isn't the better fighter on the night.

Hibs were lucky today as well.

Edited by ayrmad

Great fight if klit was a few years younger he could've has him as Joshua was totally done physically after his all out toe to toe. I don't think anyone can cope with Joshua now. Vlad was the best out there by some way. Wilder is a chump.

5 minutes ago, diamond_for_life said:

So lets sum it up so far

The casuals know f**k all. Joshua fought a pensioner and although he won he was pish and is a joke of a boxer. If he fights anyone decent he will get pumped. The non casual in the boxing thread also knows f**k all. Joshua was superb and was always going to be too good for VK. He will destroy every fighter in the division in the years to come defeating the likes of Rocky Balboa, Ivan Drago, Clubber lang Rambo, The terminator and Predator. 

What a thread

Pish. You missed out Thunderlips.

1 minute ago, 54_and_counting said:

Nah having been scudded twice in the round, Klitschko was struggling to get a guard up, joshua was hitting him at will, ref called it right, if klitschko hadnt been down twice the ref wouldnt have gave it a thought 

While I agree with some of your post, Joshua hardly landed any of his final flurry of punches on the target.