Boxing Thread

Meth Damon

Aye that boys raw as a turnip. A good boxer like BJS will handle him with ease. Far too predictable. boys like that are murder to fight and try and keep at distance. They make you fight at their pace- tiring and you have to be constantly paying attention. Hard nights work.

Boy in the amateurs called Jackie Kubas from Poland was a replica of him.

I know there are quite a few folk that post on here that have/still box (I'm very much in the former camp), has anyone made a go of it in the pro's? I was never good enough by a country mile but I come from a long line of boxers and my wee cousin shows promise.

Going down on Saturday for the fight. Buzzing for Sweet Caroline. Absolute SCENES with 90,000 Eddie Hearn diehards belting it out. #stayhumble

Flying down to London tomorrow. Extra time to learn the rest of the words to sweet Caroline, and stormzy's latest banger.
Seen Hearn saying the ringwalks are expected 10pm...

Campbell v Perez is the only undercard fight I give the singlest shite about, so hoping it's on second to last so we definitely get to be there for it, but got a bad feeling it's going to be Quigg v Simion (which won't be anything other than a routine Quigg win), and the Campbell fight might be on early to get people watching / attending from the outset.

1 hour ago, jagfox99 said:

What's your thoughts on the Joshua vs Klitschko bout?

Bookies have Joshua a pretty heavy favourite, and although I think it's a 50/50, my prediction is Wlad in 7 or 8. Think he'll get in to a rhythm with the jab first 4 or 5 rounds, develop the right hand around the 6th and 7th, and eventually catch Joshua coming in with a left hook in 7 or 8.

Joshua fights so tall, keeps his right fairly low and his footwork isn't as good as Wlad's. Think he'll be open to a big left hook.

I reckon the most significant thing will be that Klitch has literally fought nothing above bar brawlers since David Haye and after... then he fought Fury and was soundly beaten. He'll get soundly beaten again and will retire with not a single big name under his belt.

Edited by AUFC90