Boxing Thread

Meth Damon

Linares just reinforced that he's operating on a different level to the vast majority at LW. The Garcia fight, in Vegas, the most obvious fight in the division.

As for Crolla, there's still big domestic options in Flanagan or a move up to take on Burns, should they come through their own defence's.

Might see a change in Crolla's corner though. I thought Gallagher was wrong to suggest pulling him out at the end of the 11th.

Considering his unwillingness  to do such in the Morrison fight earlier & as much as he was behind on points, that should have been done 2/3 rounds earlier. It would have been mentally devastating to the only fighter to have taken Linares the distance, now twice, had he done so.

2 hours ago, kiddy said:

Linares just reinforced that he's operating on a different level to the vast majority at LW. The Garcia fight, in Vegas, the most obvious fight in the division.

As for Crolla, there's still big domestic options in Flanagan or a move up to take on Burns, should they come through their own defence's.

Might see a change in Crolla's corner though. I thought Gallagher was wrong to suggest pulling him out at the end of the 11th.

Considering his unwillingness  to do such in the Morrison fight earlier & as much as he was behind on points, that should have been done 2/3 rounds earlier. It would have been mentally devastating to the only fighter to have taken Linares the distance, now twice, had he done so.

Exactly what I was thinking. Let Morrison get his face panned in worse for 4 rounds yet want to pull Crolla out in the last was crazy

18 minutes ago, diamond_for_life said:

Exactly what I was thinking. Let Morrison get his face panned in worse for 4 rounds yet want to pull Crolla out in the last was crazy

You could virtually sense the feeling, "you pull me out now & we're done", from Crolla.

I would echo what was said before. Nigh on flawless display from Linares, really great to watch. Seems like a top boi too.

As for Taylor/Davies - I'd really like to see it and think it's a fairly 50/50 fight. Really like both of them and think it would be a cracking scrap.

I assume you were only referring to the Manchester card (which is definitely worth a watch), but if not, should definitely watch the "Ukrainian" card as well. Usyk and Gvozdyk are top boys, and Vasyl Lomachenko is without question the most special boxer on the planet. Like the Lionel Messi of boxing in that you should watch him any chance you can.