Boxing Thread

Meth Damon

McGuigan "respectfully" chatting about fighting Burns again. Calm yourself. As much as I like Taylor, he is green as f**k and needs to be developed slowly to allow him to reach his potential. Talk like that at this stage is nonsense.

McGuigan shouldn't do post fight interviews he's not clever enough. You could see his son and Josh Taylor uneasy when he mentioned Burns. His boy even said they need 2 more fights till he gets to world level at the earliest, why does he continue to spout this nonsense. 

Taylor is undoubtedly Scotlands next hope but let the man grow into it like the way most fighters are positioned into it these days. 

Was a good fight to watch from Taylor but can't help but think the amount of switching he does between orthodox and southpaw hinders him. He literally does it 3 or 4 times a round, and although he looks comfortable it looks like he goes out there with no plan and that might go against him against any one he steps up to. 

That's the second time after a fight that Barry has mentioned Burns and Shane has quite rightly quickly shot it down saying he is nowhere near ready for someone like Burns.

I doubt Taylor is even on Burns' radar at this stage of his career as nothing for Burns to gain by fighting him imo

Never learned anymore from watching the fight although hopefully josh did.

I'm not a big fan of that Arthur Abraham tight upright cover up defence Taylor has. Leaves him vulnerable to body shots and counters as he's not a moving target. However, it's worked well for him so far in the amateurs and pro game- everyone has their own style.

He's nowhere near ready for Burns in my opinion. You can't overestimate how important experience is. Another fight and then get him in with Ohara Davies.

Mikey Garcia/Linares next please let's get it on. Probably one of the best fights out there at the minute.

Crolla is not on their level but I suppose the Flannigan fight is still there. Fast Eddie saying on IFL that they have only sold 400 tickets for Flannigan/Petrov at the box office. I look forward to the retort from Uncle Frank.