Boxing Thread

Meth Damon

Look at the guys Pacquiao's fought since his last KO though guys like Bradley, Marquez, Mosley and Mayweather they never get stopped even guys like Cotto, Margarito and Rios hardly get stopped. He dropped Vargas and Algieri (6 times?). His power's obviously nowhere near what it was at the lower weights but he's still got more than enough power to stop Khan.

What a number Pacquiao did on Cotto..same with Diaz and Margarito.

His punching in all of those fights had a tremendous accumulative effect rather than just sheer knockout power. He won't have lost that, he stays in shape between fights and is a clean living guy so still very much a threat to anyone.

Khan's glass jaw is over played. No shame in getting KOd by Alvarez especially the vast weight disadvantage.
Garcia has a lovely left hook and Prescott could clearly bang- even if he was extremely limited.

Khan's fault isn't his chin, it's his concentration, ability to stick to a game plan and not get dragged into stupid macho stuff and walk on to punches.

There are few bigger bangers than Maidana about and Khan too his best.

The margins in boxing are minuscule. A couple of inches either way and plenty of other fighters could be accused of having "glass jaws". If you box you get punched. If you're wreckless like Khan then you increase your chances of getting KOd.

I don't particularly like Khan but he can never be accused of being a ducker- his resume puts to shame Kell Brook's or any other UK fighter in recent years (aside from Froch). He will retire knowing he took on every challenge and exactly how good he was and exactly where his limitations were.

Haye claimed that some of the crowd shouted racial insults at him.  I couldn't hear what was being shouted in the clip of the presser but given the absolute state of some of the fans you get in these 'grudge' matches then it wouldn't surprise me.

Imagine that was your life though:

"what did you do today Dave?"

"I went to a press conference and shouted racist abuse at someone" 

"Oh"

"Yes"

Add the fact that Bellew is mixed race then you have a perfect storm of stupidity.

It's his job. Pre-fight his job is to sell the fights so people buy them, if he says "Bellew/Brook have absolutely no chance, it's a sham fight, no point watching it" then he'll be out on his ear quicker than Fast Eddie can sing the words to Neil Diamond tracks.

As long as he's subjective and honest after the fight then I've no problem with the bullshit in the lead up.

Haye claimed that some of the crowd shouted racial insults at him.  I couldn't hear what was being shouted in the clip of the presser but given the absolute state of some of the fans you get in these 'grudge' matches then it wouldn't surprise me.
Imagine that was your life though:
"what did you do today Dave?"
"I went to a press conference and shouted racist abuse at someone" 
"Oh"
"Yes"
Add the fact that Bellew is mixed race then you have a perfect storm of stupidity.

Think there was a few racist shouts but the one I heard clear as day was "get back to the jungle".

I hope David Haye absolutely destroys Bellew.

Rumours all over twitter that Haye is pulling out with an Achilles injury. will be absolutely gutted if he does. Not because I want to see the fight, but because they'll likely only postpone it to a later date, Bellew will be even more of an insufferable wankrag, and then they'll have to 'build' it again. That would be absolutely fucking horrific.