Hibernian FC- European assault

Hahahahahahahahahahaha..... It really doesn't matter what gets said anymore. Probably the last time Hibs will be in Europe for many many years. We all know you are all hurting more than anyone else. A big fat failure, no more Euro cash and yer out Europe already. Hahahahahahahahahahaha... Come on united, win the championship and leave that team swimming around that shitty league for years to come.... hahahahahahahahahahaha... Laughed at by a lassie

Bet your pie is shite ha ha ha.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, bev said:

Hahahahahahahahahahaha..... It really doesn't matter what gets said anymore. Probably the last time Hibs will be in Europe for many many years. We all know you are all hurting more than anyone else. A big fat failure, no more Euro cash and yer out Europe already. Hahahahahahahahahahaha... Come on united, win the championship and leave that team swimming around that shitty league for years to come.... hahahahahahahahahahaha... Laughed at by a lassie

The cup final is clearly still ripping you apart inside. The only people hurting here are the **** and it's very fucking pleasing. 

21/05/2016. David Gray. Stokesy. 114 years. The day the **** had to tuck the passports away and think about their league cup adventure :) 

Funny that the **** say Hibs are obsessed with them but they're the only smelly b*****ds crying about Hibs in Europe and ultimately David's header.

On 22 July 2016 at 15:55, bev said:

Hahahabernian_zpsqqffonnv.png

Something that isn't very funny is the manner in which we lost the tie.

It's all 'could & 'should': we could have been through if Lennon had a 'Number 1' sorted, or kept Logan/Oxley for the Europa; we should have stopped Brøndby's glaringly obvious tactic in the first leg, after the rotten ref left the sides waiting to kickoff for an age. Of course, Virtanen could have (and should have) stopped Brøndby from having an advantage for two-thirds of the tie.

The first leg controversy was always going to be a major factor if we didn't go through — something I didn't believe was possible when the draw was made. We dealt with their tactics effectively and shut them out for the majority of the tie. I feel that we were the better side in both games and would have fared even better if we took a 1-1 (or better) to Denmark Sweden. Their luxury of the 0-1 away goal allowed them to sit back and invite Hibs to get caught out. It was more a game of chess than a war of attrition, with Brøndby waiting for spaces to appear in our half and Hibs hoping for Holt to provide chances for Cummings.

I'm infinitely more frustrated than anything else, not only because of the awful officiating that affected the tie overall; watching & applauding the players as they dejectedly exited the Europa was equally irksome. Every player thoroughly deserved to win the tie. Hibs carried out their roles and responsibilities without fault; the shape of the team was maintained tirelessly, until they were void of energy. McGinn looked exhausted after an hour and mentally drained; I was surprised to see him take a penalty, never mind the first one. From thirty-seconds into the first leg to Brøndby's winning penalty, we were  fighting uphill. There are plenty of positives that I never expected to see, such as how disciplined and sharp we looked as a team and the promising performances of individuals.

Nothing will replace the place that we were undeservedly denied in the next round. Nonetheless, both the trip and the tie have resulted in me overflowing with pride and optimism for the coming season.

Here is the full game for anyone that fancies a look back:

Spoiler

• 2 weeks later...

Archived